Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Morganfield KY
    Hammock
    WBB Blackbird 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    Blue pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Posts
    36

    First Hang With Pics And Few Questions

    First hang in my bb 1.1. Only got down to 45 degrees. Blue foam pad, 20 degree north face bag. Toasty! Had 2 slight problems. Getting into my sleeping bag and trying to figure out a pillow? Also, is it ok to store my bb in the bag it came with? I ordered the ridgeline with dogbone and 9 set up from whoopie slings and it was great. Had it in 2 days from ordering! My original plans were to do a hike in, but my buddies wife went shopping on black friday and he had to babysit til dinner. Check pics out if I can get em up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Morganfield KY
    Hammock
    WBB Blackbird 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    Blue pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Posts
    36
    I did figure out my trees were too close but not bad for my first hang!

  3. #3
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona dawg View Post
    First hang in my bb 1.1. Only got down to 45 degrees. Blue foam pad, 20 degree north face bag. Toasty! Had 2 slight problems. Getting into my sleeping bag and trying to figure out a pillow? Also, is it ok to store my bb in the bag it came with? I ordered the ridgeline with dogbone and 9 set up from whoopie slings and it was great. Had it in 2 days from ordering! My original plans were to do a hike in, but my buddies wife went shopping on black friday and he had to babysit til dinner. Check pics out if I can get em up.
    Try the sleeping bag like a quilt (zipper open to knees) and tuck it around you....or sit up and enter bag then lay in BB.
    OK to store it in the supplied bag.
    Glad you were warm.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Morganfield KY
    Hammock
    WBB Blackbird 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    Blue pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Posts
    36
    You mean laying in it like normal just unzipped? I really didnt have trouble getting in it as much as I did with it all being slid under my back. I can tell you I didn't slip an inch and this 230 lbs had that hammock rockin trying to work that bag back up!

  5. #5
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona dawg View Post
    You mean laying in it like normal just unzipped? I really didnt have trouble getting in it as much as I did with it all being slid under my back. I can tell you I didn't slip an inch and this 230 lbs had that hammock rockin trying to work that bag back up!
    No more like having spread out on you like a quilt....zippers on each side of you then tucked in between you and hammock.

    Might be in this video of mine....

    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  6. #6
    Senior Member SMJerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Troutdale, OR
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 and Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    296
    And that is where I go when I have a question.. straight to Shug's videos.. has never done me wrong.
    Jerry
    _____
    and a Good 'Ol Staffer too!
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Morganfield KY
    Hammock
    WBB Blackbird 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    Blue pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Posts
    36
    So if it was a mummy bag the hood would cover your face if you pulled it all the way up? The only bag on your back would be just what you tucked under? I'm slow

  8. #8
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona dawg View Post
    So if it was a mummy bag the hood would cover your face if you pulled it all the way up? The only bag on your back would be just what you tucked under? I'm slow
    The hood would be to one side. You can scrunch it behind your head. Try it.
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  9. #9
    sturgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, Burrow
    Posts
    739
    Images
    2
    Looks like a pleasant hanging spot you've got there. Nice pictures. Thank you. Is that a park or your own place?

    Listen to Shug: yes the hood would be over your face, but just scrunch it up out of the way so it's not. Zip up to knees. Easy in, easy out. Less wriggling.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Morganfield KY
    Hammock
    WBB Blackbird 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    Blue pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Posts
    36
    It is public about 5 miles from my house. Good fishing, hiking. Porta potties, picnic tables. No electricity but free. Gotcha shugs. Can't wait to hang again and try it. Higgison and henry wma

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •