Bonefire UL
    Tarp
    Cuben 10'x8'
    Insulation
    Integrated& DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps&DIY buckles
    Images
    That is one of the thoughts I've been considering. If it was raining, I wouldn't mind having a place to hang the wet rain gear.
    -Jeremy

"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    FireInMyBones; he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.
    My YouTube
    My Trail Journal
    http://www.peopleforbikes.org/

Banned
    Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Thinsulate UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Yeah that would be a good use of the CRL.

Hammock
    wb traveler/bb 1.1d, hh scua, gt ul
    Tarp
    ogee+zpack diamond
    Insulation
    jrb/hg downs+hh ss
    Suspension
    webbing+whoopies
    Images
    30' also + i pack another 30' just in case

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    30', but I carry 2 - 10' extensions that I use for lashing things. Had to use one once due to large diameter trees. I also carry 50' of amsteel, that I use for a clothes line, but could come in handy for emergencies.
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JrB TQ/UQ,Crownest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Until now I always wrapped my CRL around the trees I was hanging from. I needed almost 50' just to account for the 2 monster trees that were in my back yard that I used to hang from most of the time.

As I mentioned in another thread, I have decided to stop using the rope alone for the CRL, and will star using straps to protect the back-side of the tree. So this winter I will be playing with/making a strap/UCR hybrid.

That will cut the length of my CRL down to 17'-18'.

I don't know how many other people do this, but it seems like every 3rd time I put up my tarp, I change my mind about using a CRL. I know the pros & cons of each way, but every time I want the benefit of the other system.

i.e. When i don't use one, I miss having a spot to hang things, and always end up with 10 things hanging off my hammock lines.
    When I do use one, the lines interfere with hammock suspension, and I am annoyed at all the rope I am using. (and never hang anything off of it)

I love the tautness of pitch I can get with a CRL, and hate the wrinkles I get when I don't use one.
    I love the simplicity of just using the tie-outs+dutch flys, but miss the ease of adjustment of using a CRL + Prussics.

Please tell me I am not alone.
    I ride a recumbent.
    I like to HAM it up on the CW.
    I use Linux.
    I play go.
    Of course I sleep in a hammock!

Rug.

Hang On!

I Learn So Others Can Too FireInMyBones's Avatar
    Hammock
    Bonefire UL
    Tarp
    Cuben 10'x8'
    Insulation
    Integrated& DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps&DIY buckles
    Images
    By switching to the 30' Dutch Edition of the Whoopie Slings CLR, I only added 2g to my tarp set up. Considering I can now reach more trees with ease, I feel it was a good switch. Particularly since I cut out the "extra tarp line" I had been carrying at 6g.
    Last edited by FireInMyBones; 12-06-2011 at 15:18.
    -Jeremy

"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    FireInMyBones; he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.
    My YouTube
    My Trail Journal
    http://www.peopleforbikes.org/