Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Senior Member stairguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, Minn.
    Hammock
    exped scout combi
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    polarpod
    Posts
    534
    [QUOTE=Shug; We all are in the "Minus " club for sure.
    [/QUOTE]

    That makes all who were there, "Zero Hero's". Thank's to all, had a great time. Love these little notice, close to home, be there or be square, grab your gear and go,out the door and in the woods hang's. Thanks again.
    " Wiggs "

    ________________________________________

  2. #62
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by stairguy View Post
    That makes all who were there, "Zero Hero's". Thank's to all, had a great time. Love these little notice, close to home, be there or be square, grab your gear and go,out the door and in the woods hang's. Thanks again.
    Me Too!!!!!
    We need to get a Zero Hero patch.....
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  3. #63
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62

    Timmy...the Natural

    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  4. #64
    Senior Member stairguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, Minn.
    Hammock
    exped scout combi
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    polarpod
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Me Too!!!!!
    We need to get a Zero Hero patch.....
    Zero Hero patches available at local Boy Scout shops. I'll p/u some for those attending the " Frozen Butt " this year.

    PS: The dumplings may have been the chicken..............
    " Wiggs "

    ________________________________________

  5. #65
    Senior Member ArcsandSparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end w/ bugnet
    Tarp
    Maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    297
    Images
    7
    I had a blast! It was nice meeting everyone that attended, it went by really quick though....
    It was fun looking at all the different gear/ setups people had. Lots of new ideas and knowledge I didn't have prior. Guess this means I will have to tinker with my gear some more...
    Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

  6. #66
    Member db's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Hammock
    HH HYPERLITE A-SYM ZIP & DIY 1.1rip
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & MarlinH
    Posts
    69
    It was a great time and I'm glad I was able to learn from all you veterans! Even though I didn't get cold with my ground pads that I was using, I know why all of you upgraded to under quilts. If I was to purchase one under quilt, which one would you recommend? I'm not sure if I have the skills to make a DIY quilt. I'll try make it to the frozen butt hang in January and see if my father-in-law is up for it as well.





    Bjerknes

  7. #67
    fourdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St Francis, MN
    Hammock
    Exped combo, exped basic
    Tarp
    DYI, six sided
    Insulation
    foam refletex,
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    491
    Images
    1
    Fonkey thanks for having the hang ! Had a great time.
    Timmy it was great to see a adventures soul that was willing
    try hammocking the first time where a few experenced fellows won't go !
    I'd have a place by the fire for you anytime.

    Now we have the -0 club should we go for the -10, -20 and -30 ?
    It's not far to go and there is plenty of wood that needs to be burned.
    Easy to grab the ruck and go !

    fourdog

    www.fourdog.com

  8. #68
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,089
    Quote Originally Posted by dbjerknes View Post
    It was a great time and I'm glad I was able to learn from all you veterans! Even though I didn't get cold with my ground pads that I was using, I know why all of you upgraded to under quilts. If I was to purchase one under quilt, which one would you recommend? I'm not sure if I have the skills to make a DIY quilt. I'll try make it to the frozen butt hang in January and see if my father-in-law is up for it as well.


    Bjerknes
    I didn't even know you took pictures. lol If you need help making an underquilt, let me know. I do have a sewing machine and after all your determination and lack of complaining with the cold, I would be happy to help you out.

    Fronkey

  9. #69
    Strung out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Forest Lake, MN
    Hammock
    DIY 1.5 gathered
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Posts
    220
    Good times with a good group of guys.

    Great to meet some of you, and see some of you again.

  10. #70
    Member db's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Hammock
    HH HYPERLITE A-SYM ZIP & DIY 1.1rip
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & MarlinH
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I didn't even know you took pictures. lol If you need help making an underquilt, let me know. I do have a sewing machine and after all your determination and lack of complaining with the cold, I would be happy to help you out.

    Fronkey
    Thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that. How long do they take to make? Where would I purchase all of the material/down? You're the best Fronkey!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •