Back to the Cranberry next week - fishing?
I'm planning another small foray into the Cranberry Wilderness Jan 6th - 8th to test winter gear and maybe do some Tenkara fishing. Hoping there will be enough snow this coming week to use my pulk and cross-country skis then, but will likely hike in 2 miles to the vicinity of the South Fork Shelter. Company welcome. Will watch the weather closely - looks good now.
Arg, always when I can't go! It's the one weekend of the year I have to work. I even have an unused Tenkara rod waiting to get some action. poo.
Hopefully I can make it to this one WV. Tenkara rod will be coming along, I believe they start stocking trout next week also.
Well, Ferret, I wanted to get in one weekend trip before the Mt. Rogers hang, and I figured I'd go either Jan 6th-8th or 13th-15th, depending on the weather. I'm still aiming for the proposed slot of 6th-8th, but I've learned not to trust the long term weather forecasts. If it gets too warm, or rains, I'll put it off a week. Also, it's close for me, so if you want to come over the 13th or 14th, I'll go back.
Originally Posted by ferret
Tags for this Thread