Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    haha, very funny guys! *cough *cough but enough playing around!

do you guys think that blue water rope will work? i've used it to hang a hammock and i've slept in it now for 4 nights (i doubled it back so i had two ropes bearing the weight instead of one). but it seems to have next to nothing for stretch.
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

soooooooo, i got my hammock back and i'm not sure how i'm going to attatch the ridge line. the existing one "disappears" into the whipping and i'm not sure how to fish the new stuff through, any help?
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Images
    I'm not sure that there is a way to "fish it through" the end knot. It is ,however, not (or is it knot) hard to untie the ends of the support lines and replace the ridgeline. Cut the cable ties that hold the little "socks" on the ends and then take several pictures of the knot as you untie it, replace the ridge and retie the ends. Two new cable ties ( I suggest colored, red for head and blue for shoe) to help save a little time during setup and you are all set. Maybe a different stock ridgeline is being used. I don't understand how these things are breaking. I used mine for about three years canoeing and hiking and never had a problem. I even placed my Ruger 9mm P95DC pistol in the ridge pocket (back when I thought I had a need to carry such a thing). It is not a light weapon and I am now a light packer. My point is that the ridge held up fine. Like I said, maybe the cord is differnt now. Good luck with your conversion.
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T-BACK View Post
    Two new cable ties ( I suggest colored, red for head and blue for shoe) to help save a little time during setup and you are all set.
    I like that suggestion... quick reference when you're tired, wet & trying to get set up for the night<G>.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

thanks guys, i'll try it out!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    My Hennessey has different color prussics for the tarp attachment to the support lines. (Yeah I'm bucking the trend of seprate tarp lines.) The tarp loops match the prussic colors. It's kind of nice.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint