Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by hikingdad View Post
    Well then lets go adventuring! I wont sleep 40 ft off the ground though
    I was going to bring a rope and harness just for you!

I am excited to set up my hammock with out the need of acrobatic moves and my pack is going to feel so empty without the climbing gear haha.
    v
    v

TREEfool.com < < hammock dangerously
    ^
    ^

Hammock
    DIY Climbing Spec Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    WOOT!!! I can go! So what is the game plan? Hiking via moonlight? Hiking with blind folds? Hunting mountain lions with our bare hands? Let me know what you are thinking. The earlier the better IMO. If we are doing all of this driving we might as well make the best of it. I am retiring my 6 year old pack and have ordered a real climbing pack which should show up Thursday and I am SOO hoping I get to test it out but I have a feeling I am going to leave just before it arrives . Either way I would much rather gain two hours of adventure instead of waste 2 hours waiting for new gear too arrive. Why does new gear have to be so fun?

Again, I vote for Wild River. I have never been there and if we car pool I have zero objections towards it! And I am just curious, you live in Stillwater? Why does your locations say Wisconsin?

Refreshing

Oh, and this is your trip, you invited me, we are having a fire! Don't let the thread that I started make you think that I am a fire nazi. I asked you about fires just because I didn't want to sit around all night with my thumb up my butt.
    v
    v

^
    ^

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Great news! Like I said before I'm up for anything. If we park at the northern parking lot it looks like I would be about an 11 - 12 mile hike to the site. We could also park at the southern parking lot and hike a lot of the different trails.... What sounds good to you? I'm assuming the trails aren't closed for skiers yet, but I'll call today and find out.

I live just across the border in WI but I'm a photographer and my studio is in Stillwater. What time do you want to meet up? My studio is probably about an hour or so from the park.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Okay so I just called and the trails are NOT closed yet for skiing so that's good

Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    I have no idea what the park looks like. Is it really flat and open? If yes, the hike will be quick and the adventures will be short lived. If there are hills, rock outcroppings, waterfalls, or giant trees that make me then I say we go as early as your schedule permits!

I usually spend all of my time looking for the most fun/beautiful place to hang but if there are designated camping spots then setting up camp won't take too long either. I figure if we hike in from the northern parking lot, get to camp, set everything up, sun goes down, we could hike along the river via moonlight and watch for wildlife, head back to camp, light a fire, relax, eat and sleep. How long would all of this take? I can hike at whatever pace you choose and you know the terrain better so you have a better guesstimate for when we should head up there.

Also, what time do you usually wake in the mornings? I rise with the sun (sometimes earlier) so if you like to sleep in I'm bringing my climbing gear so I can adventure into the canopy while you snooze.

Refreshing
    v
    v

^
    ^

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I'm self employed so I make my own schedule.... er my wife and kids make my schedule but I should be able to leave fairly early 9am or so. What time do you want to leave Stillwater? The terrain isn't too hilly or crazy... well I'm not certain about the section of trail that connects the north and south sections of the park (never hiked that part before). It's more forested than open plains. I'm sure you'll find stuff to climb on Your plan sounds pretty good to me.

I'm generally an early bird and also wake with the sun.... sometimes a bit before and I love to watch the sunrise!

Hope we see some wildlife!

Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    According to google if I head to Stillwater at 9:30 I should get there by 10:00. We would make it to the trail head by about 11:00 which would give us 6 or 7 hours of day light. I have a feeling that this would give us way more than enough time to hike 12 non-hilly miles so if you want me to meet you in Stillwater at a later time just let me know.

If you are an earlybird too then I am leaving the climbing gear home. More room for food!

Refreshing
    v
    v

^
    ^

Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    Darn, UPS will indeed drop off my much needed new pack only 3 hours after I leave . Ohwell! I spent last night converting my hammock to a bridge type hammock so that i dont drop my sleeping pad while in the canopy again! I am pretty psyched to test it out, no more feet falling over the edge of the hammock!

Refreshing
    v
    v

^
    ^

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    10am at the studio sounds good to me (I'll PM you the address). I made this video last winter and never posted it, but I decided to upload it so you could see a little bit what it looked like... even though it's a terrible video.

I ended up getting to and making camp before sunset and was quite bored for several hours... I'm glad we'll be hiking!

Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    ^ TENT ALERT! Haha...

Great. I got your PM. The trail looks untraveled and quiet which is awesome. "I ended up getting to and making camp before sunset and was quite bored for several hours" this is exactly what I dont want so I agree that hiking is a good plan. Maybe I will bring my climbing gear afterall . I'm excited. Just one more day .
    v
    v

^
    ^

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast