WBRR, BMBH UL, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4/Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/TeWa
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Bling
    Images
    For the wife and I,,,I carry one set 6' and other set 8' as we have some big trees in Indiana. If the straps are too large just wrap them them around the tree as many times as needed to take up the slack if possible. I would rather have them longer than too short, but I always carry 1 extra 6' whoopie sling too.

Hammock
    Modified HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I have a wide selection, from 3' to 8'. I usually carry different lengths (an "unmatched" pair rather than two of the same length) as that gives me more flexibility. I also carry a 4' piece of Amsteel with loops on each end. It serves to hang my pack at a convenient height while camping, or has served to extend a tree strap as needed.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

formerly StationaryNomad BlueSkies's Avatar
    Hammock
    PapaSmurf Dangerbird
    Tarp
    MacCat DLX
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Images
    I carry 2.5 meter straps, that'll cover most of what we have in the NW. I also carry a 1.5 meter amsteel piece with loop ends [like rainman].

Ironically, those straps won't cover any of the trees I have in my yard ... it's filled with BIG western red cedars. The smallest one is about 12 feet [3 meters] around and 150' tall. There are a few smaller trees around but nothing that will hold my fat butt off the ground.
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -HDT
    web. toomanyshinythings.com | twitter. @dartanyon | facebook. facebook.com/dartanyon

Hammock
    Magna 1.1 GE w/ knotty mod
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Straps currently
    Images
    seems like they tend to average from about 3/4 to an inch and a half in diameter, I mean width, and between six and twelve inches, I mean feet, long.

its not the size of the tree strap its how you use it