Hammock
    HH Safari
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    2 x 2 SPE, 1/2"ccf
    Images
    WBG...

secluded primitive drive campsites...boy are you asking for allot....This is kalyfornia....what the government doesn't own some else does...I found a real sweet spot that my wife just fell in love with and she keeps getting on me to take her back...that was a place just over the CA border in Oregon called Brookings. If your looking for a romantic place at least for the scenery...it was great...we stayed in the park there. I did the coast of Oregon last summer with mama and one thing I learned is Oregonians sure do love to camp and share there beaches...probably the best trip I ever did. There parks were well taken care of, lots of trees in the campsites that we stayed in...so just a thought for ya...

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (101.0 KB, 10 views)

Hammock
    Hennessey Exp Zippereed Dlx A-Sim
    Tarp
    Hennessey 70D "HEX
    Insulation
    BA+Mtn,Hinman pad
    Suspension
    straps & carabiner
    Images
    Go to this website: California State Parks and click on "visit a park" now go to the Camping or California Redwood Parks sections and pick the most primative ones you can find. Generally the fewer the amenities, the fewer the visitors. Pit toilets instead of flush, no showers, etc. You could do Sinkyone Wilderness SP, Van Damme SP, Russian Gulch SP, or Salt Point SP. They are all on the beach but depending on the time of year etc, depends on how many visitors will be there. Ya pays your monies and takes your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    cool, thanks for the info. i did hang at camp 4 in yosimite, there are trees in that campground. i hear you about camprgounds in the clearings though, i may take my collapseable stand, and we will probably take the t**t too.

we will probably try to stay away from campgrounds if possible. do you know anywhere with secluded primitave drive in campsites? you know, right where the beach meets the forest and not many tourists. tell me places like that exist. i can't stand crowded campgrounds.

we will do some backpacking too, but it will be our honneymoon, and my wife will want to car camp more than backpack. probably will spend a few nights in a b&b as well.
    Greg Dunlap
    Santa Rosa, CA
    38.478156 N
    122.754598 W
    157 feet above sea level

blackey@sonic.net

Vietnam Security Police Life Member 361
    366th SPS K-9 Association Webmaster
    Da Nang, RVN TET 1968 - TET 1969
    Blackie 129X

cool, thanks guys

Hammock
    HH Expd w/ SS UC
    Tarp
    DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Images
    Greg,

Thanks for the pictures, I lived in Boonville for 20 yr. Spent a lot of time hiking along Hwy. 128, and out on the coast. I miss it out there.