Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114
  1. #31
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,495
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Great review Shug! That snipe looks mighty comfy! Like the idea of the shock cords, hate having my sleeping bag fall out, tried sleeping in a GT ultralight, had a hard time sleeping, kept thinking I was falling out! Dig the boomerang, haven't played with one of those in years. Good idea chucking it on the lake, something to do while icefishing!
    Cheers
    Boomerang is perfect on an icy lake! Yes...the Snipe truly is.

    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    that was awesome! very cool!
    Wilderness Logics Rocks!
    I know you are a big proponent)))))) I like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by babelfish5 View Post
    Another great one Shug. I've been thinking about another hammock, I think I'm going to mosey on over to their website and give them a look.
    Worth a looky-see for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Gosh darn it Shug. I had the numbers for my next DIY bridge hammock completely set. Was going to start sewing tomorrow. That Snipe looks so darn flat, I think I'm going to have to scrap it and see what sort of magic I can work with a gathered end now.

    I've only test two or three gathered end hammocks, but I've never been in one that lays anywhere near that flat.

    Can you see anything in particular in that design that makes it so bloody flat? Where's the magic?
    I think the magic is in the length.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Snipe sniped at Traveler,
    but weight and compactness,
    saved the day,
    for my wallet.

    Maybe, just maybe.

    Blaze
    Travelers seek Snipes.
    Wallet secure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    Thanks for a look at that purdy hammock Shug. You mentioned "tricking" out your Snipe so I can't wait for the "Pimp My Snipe" vid.
    More than likely on a Trip Report video.......

    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    Finally - a gathered end that does something to justify costing over $100.

    I still can't see any real difference between a $100 Traveler and a $20 GTUL - but the Snipe is really cool. Never even considered WL for a hammock because their site didn't do nearly as clear of job of explaining the features as this video does. Now I might. They need to put you on the payroll Shug.

    He's a clown! He's the toughest man alive!

    He's..... An Ad man?
    Ad Man for the Independent Small Biz.

    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Great review! Just another thing to add to the list of gear to get.
    Worth a look for sure if looking for a simple open top hammy.....
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  2. #32
    Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Down
    Suspension
    Dynaglide UCR's
    Posts
    5,262
    Haha when I saw you two rollin around on the floor I couldn't help but think of the movie "The Princess Bride" and the battle with the Rodents of unusual size!!!

    Great vid Shug, full of info thanks for posting!
    Formerly known as "Cranky Bear"....

    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

    It's always best if your an early riser!

    I like hiking as it's like exercise!

    My Blog

  3. #33
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Thanks Shug.
    On your and OutandBack’s (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...6&postcount=24) recommendation I just tried to order one.
    I can’t.
    I live outside USA.
    So I have written WildernessLogic a “please advice.”
    Will see what happens.
    Blaze

    PS: And great video as usual.
    Last edited by BlazeAway; 01-13-2012 at 10:49.

  4. #34
    OutandBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Snipe WinterGnome
    Tarp
    TtTTG 12x10
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ, HG 3/4UQ
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    4,232
    Images
    129
    Great review video Shug.
    Getting the Shug seal of approval has to be a hammock vendors wildest dream.

    I did a little playing around with my snipe today.
    Just how small will this hammock pack without major elbow grease.

    REI- Sea to Summit XXS stuff sack works great. Hammock and 2 tree straps fit nicely.
    Large hammock in pict is a TtoT 1.9 single Switchback

  5. #35
    Senior Member kobold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    melbourne, au
    Hammock
    wb traveler/bb 1.1d, hh scua, gt ul
    Tarp
    ogee+zpack diamond
    Insulation
    jrb/hg downs+hh ss
    Suspension
    webbing+whoopies
    Posts
    555
    Images
    2
    thank you shug, you always make me smile

  6. #36
    SmokeBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Defiance, Missouri
    Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Posts
    1,505
    Very nice! Wilderness Logics has set a new benchmark for open hammocks. Me wants one!

  7. #37
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH UL, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4/Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/TeWa
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Bling
    Posts
    3,808
    Images
    14
    I think your right Shug,,,the magic is in the length as I have just never found the perfect sweet spot in my Traveler Single 1.7 and occasionally get alittle calf pressure in left leg. I get a better lay in my wife's Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro but only when the sides are tied out and just not hung up on it and its weight factor. So going to get a snipe and when its summer and bugs are out, will drape a bug net over my RL when necessary. Have to try it as everybody has been giving it nothing but great reviews and have to find out myself.

  8. #38
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,495
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Haha when I saw you two rollin around on the floor I couldn't help but think of the movie "The Princess Bride" and the battle with the Rodents of unusual size!!!

    Great vid Shug, full of info thanks for posting!
    Slid off the highway in North Dakota years ago with the soundtrack of that movie playing. Going 75MPH....hit black ice and started spinning. Completely quiet in the van with my wife and new baby and all I heard was that music and my mind thinking "I am about to kill my wife and child". Well....we did not die and slid into the only safe spot.
    Then a Huge Rat attacked us)))))))

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Thanks Shug.
    On your and OutandBack’s (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...6&postcount=24) recommendation I just tried to order one.
    I can’t.
    I live outside USA.
    So I have written WildernessLogic a “please advice.”
    Will see what happens.
    Blaze

    PS: And great video as usual.
    Appreciate it Blaze.
    Wonder what shipping is to Denmark.

    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Great review video Shug.
    Getting the Shug seal of approval has to be a hammock vendors wildest dream.

    I did a little playing around with my snipe today.
    Just how small will this hammock pack without major elbow grease.

    REI- Sea to Summit XXS stuff sack works great. Hammock and 2 tree straps fit nicely.
    Large hammock in pict is a TtoT 1.9 single Switchback
    I like to plug gear I get and like as I think others would want to know.
    Thanks feller.

    Quote Originally Posted by kobold View Post
    thank you shug, you always make me smile
    That is ....well....yes....awesome. Yep, I said awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBait View Post
    Very nice! Wilderness Logics has set a new benchmark for open hammocks. Me wants one!
    I like simple hammocks and the Snipe is might fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    I think your right Shug,,,the magic is in the length as I have just never found the perfect sweet spot in my Traveler Single 1.7 and occasionally get alittle calf pressure in left leg. I get a better lay in my wife's Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro but only when the sides are tied out and just not hung up on it and its weight factor. So going to get a snipe and when its summer and bugs are out, will drape a bug net over my RL when necessary. Have to try it as everybody has been giving it nothing but great reviews and have to find out myself.
    I think so as well. On my other hammocks I get some calf pressure from my BB from time to time. And once in a blue moon on my DIY...but so far none from the Snipe.
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  9. #39
    beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    2,078
    Images
    47
    Nice video, Shug!

    I bought the WL Night Owl last fall, and it is my "main" netless hammock now. The elastic draw cord feature (same as the Snipe) makes it a good choice...and the extra length (11' long) is helpful for my 6'5" body!

    These folks are doing good things in Hammockland!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

  10. #40
    Senior Member Law Dawg (ret)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Left Coast
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Posts
    2,286
    Leave it to the Shug to have actually captured a for real Snipe! Can't believe my dad was so irresponsible as to send us kids after them with only a couple of sticks and a gunny sack.
    Mark is the name and If there is more than one way to understand what I just said....I meant the good one.

    Earth First! We'll dirt bike ride the other planets later.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •