Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    I promised Dutch I would wait until Monday to release the video. He wanted to show them this weekend at Mt Rogers first. I'm getting my system ready to start the midnight shift tomorrow, so as I am sitting here working on getting ready for a trip next weekend I realized it was about midnight, so here goes:
    When will they be available?

-Stephen

Hammock
    WBBB / ENO DN
    Tarp
    OES MacCat / H.Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Will someone out there please stop Dutch ??? Everytime I think I'm getting my rig just the way I want it, he comes out with something new. Will the madness never end ?!

"I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains" - John Muir

Festus

Images
    Can a pair of these magical devices please be sent as part of your Internatiuonal Aid Package to the third world which is the English Midlands. It will be a treat for the natives who worship shiny things!

Alan

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
    Will someone out there please stop Dutch ??? Everytime I think I'm getting my rig just the way I want it, he comes out with something new. Will the madness never end ?!
    Tell me about it!!
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    For those who forget their tree straps on the trees already, now we're leaving behind our whoopies AND straps. Is there an alarm option for when you unhook them and leave them for 5 minutes that will alert you to your bone-headedness.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spandit View Post
    Do those hooks have radiused edges? Look like they'd risk cutting the Dyneema/Amsteel otherwise
    Yes they do have radiused edges on the inside of the hole that the woopie goes through to prevent fraying or damaging the woopie. I as well was blessed with a pair of these magnificant woopie hooks and plan on splicing them on a set of woopies this week to use at the NJ winter hang this weekend. These hooks are pretty fantastic and well at 3.4 grams I just don't know how you would have a lighter suspension system. However I am sure Dutch will find a way. Thanks Dutch for another great product.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedante View Post
    For those who forget their tree straps on the trees already, now we're leaving behind our whoopies AND straps. Is there an alarm option for when you unhook them and leave them for 5 minutes that will alert you to your bone-headedness.
    I have done this before, one time & a long hike to retrieve them was enough to make me check everything again, again, again, & again before leaving camp. It's now just part of the routine.

I was lucky enough to win a pair of these at the Mt. Rogers hang raffle. Had no clue to the name, just thought they where called Secrete Suspension, but now I know. Don't ask me why I didn't ask Dutch while he showed the setup? They are light, no need for a marlin spike hitch, buckles, nothing, just one nice quick setup.

As Joey said, Dutch used this setup all weekend at Mt. Rogers, which was a pretty wet hang, rained hard. He told us he watched the water stop at the Whoopie Hook & drip off, so no need to worry about a drip loop.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    I just don't know how you would have a lighter suspension system.
    You could eliminate the hook & just use a soft shackle. Not as quick, I admit & probably less rainproof

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spandit View Post
    You could eliminate the hook & just use a soft shackle. Not as quick, I admit & probably less rainproof
    That is true, probably not as fast, but we are talking tenths of seconds here. I also hate futzing with a soft shackle when wearing gloves, these don't have that issue.

I had to sit down and calculate how much weight I have added into my hammock recently with the Dutchware Bling:

+1 gram for quilt hook attachment points
    +1 gram for whoopie hook attachment points
    +2 grams for a ti ridge line biner
    +5 grams replacing toggles with Whoopie hooks

So I have raised my hammock weight by 9 grams, but it worth it.

I also raised my tarp weight by about 8 grams by switching back over to Zing it and adding a Flyz and three hooks.

None of this was "needed" as I had a totally working system before using soft shackles and knots in all these places. But I do say it is a little more convenient and I do not regret the 17 grams. That is 0.6 ounces to the non-gram weenies.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.
    www.bmtguide.com - the BMT Thru Hiker's Guide

Quote Originally Posted by BearChaser View Post

As Joey said, Dutch used this setup all weekend at Mt. Rogers, which was a pretty wet hang, rained hard. He told us he watched the water stop at the Whoopie Hook & drip off, so no need to worry about a drip loop.

I can attest to this as I was standing there talking to him and he said "Ha you see that, it works great" I looked over and sure enough the water was running down the whoopie and drops were coming off the hook and the other side after the hook was bone dry!

I too was blessed with a set at the Rogers hang, there are "NO" sharp edges on these (or really anything that he makes) that would damage lines!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast