Images

UL Travel Hammock

I found an UL Travel Hammock online last night for $12.95. I was wondering if anyone knew of a source for the material that the hammock body is made from and why more manufacturers aren't using it. It is rated for 250 pounds and has a two year warranty so it can't be all that fragile. It is much lighter than the 1.9 oz/sqyd that I am currently using. Any thoughts?
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I believe the Travel Hammocks use polyester as the bed fabric. I know this is the case in the Skeeter-Beeter. I don't know what the weight rating is on it tho.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Its rated to 250 lbs according to the website.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T-BACK View Post
    I found an UL Travel Hammock online last night for $12.95. I was wondering if anyone knew of a source for the material that the hammock body is made from and why more manufacturers aren't using it. It is rated for 250 pounds and has a two year warranty so it can't be all that fragile. It is much lighter than the 1.9 oz/sqyd that I am currently using. Any thoughts?
    I several travel hammocks they are very good hammocks and very comfortable
    all you need is a tarp and netting.best hammocks for money,quality and and they are very light and very comfortable.neo
    the matrix has you