Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,183
    Images
    69
    Blaze, my concern would be that the pull out tab is now receiving a peel force rather than a sheer force. The peel force is IMHO far more likely to fail, or at least leak at the needle holes than a sheer force would. If the pull out tab was sewn on more like an arch, where each end of the arch was sewn down and the center was where you attached the line that would be a better scenario for the pitch you have shown. As always, enjoyed the video.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  2. #22
    Senior Member russmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fresno CA, Gateway to Sierras
    Hammock
    Switch back 1.9
    Tarp
    Lawson HexaLite
    Insulation
    3-Season Incubator
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Posts
    314
    I had a Superfly tarp and never liked the panel pulls. But that is one great idea. I hope all is going well for you Blaze. I always look forward to your next video.
    "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
    Thomas Paine

  3. #23
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,060
    Hey Blaze,

    You definitely sent that Superfly flying! Looks really good strung out that way.

    Cheers!

  4. #24
    OutandBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Snipe WinterGnome
    Tarp
    TtTTG 12x10
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ, HG 3/4UQ
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    4,178
    Images
    129
    Blaze I sure am enjoying your new found free time to custom tune your hammock camping gear and video your findings.
    I could get my whole hiking clan under that tarp to wait out a rain storm.

    Next time you are out tuning your kit I would love to see the superfly in full storm mode
    with fully closed door, low to the ground, to block as much wind as possible with your pullout
    idea.
    I find pullouts a must when my tarp is in storm mode.

    thanks again for sharing your ideas.
    O&B

  5. #25
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,486
    Images
    62
    Tarp play and tweaking is fun........
    A bit more line than I would want to use but I know it is fun to mess around with.
    all secure in sector seven,
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  6. #26
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Great video! Gives me some ideas to play with the next time I pitch my Superfly!
    Heading out a bit later to day to play with the Superfly again.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Blaze, my concern would be that the pull out tab is now receiving a peel force rather than a sheer force. The peel force is IMHO far more likely to fail, or at least leak at the needle holes than a sheer force would. If the pull out tab was sewn on more like an arch, where each end of the arch was sewn down and the center was where you attached the line that would be a better scenario for the pitch you have shown. As always, enjoyed the video.
    Yes I see your point. Will tweak a bit more.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by russmay View Post
    I had a Superfly tarp and never liked the panel pulls. But that is one great idea. I hope all is going well for you Blaze. I always look forward to your next video.
    Thanks Russmay. I had the same feeling about the pullouts and thus started tweaking. They are quiet nice though.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Hey Blaze,

    You definitely sent that Superfly flying! Looks really good strung out that way.

    Cheers!
    Thanks Callahan. I can only concur.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Blaze I sure am enjoying your new found free time to custom tune your hammock camping gear and video your findings.
    I could get my whole hiking clan under that tarp to wait out a rain storm.

    Next time you are out tuning your kit I would love to see the superfly in full storm mode
    with fully closed door, low to the ground, to block as much wind as possible with your pullout
    idea.
    I find pullouts a must when my tarp is in storm mode.

    thanks again for sharing your ideas.
    O&B
    I think that in a storm I would set it like in the video, since it would offer less resistance to the weather than if pitched steep down. Furthermore it is my Winter tarp and thus good ventilation is a must so as not to trap too much moisture in the enclosure. But I will get you some video of my tweaking.
    Blaze


    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Tarp play and tweaking is fun........
    A bit more line than I would want to use but I know it is fun to mess around with.
    all secure in sector seven,
    Shug
    I agree Shug, but since it is a winter tarp I will take the extra grams.
    Blaze

  7. #27
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Just a short update.

    Video on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/36014788


  8. #28
    pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    MN
    Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Just a short update.

    Video on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/36014788

    Blaze, I like it. Looks great, I need to try that on my Superfly.

  9. #29
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,183
    Images
    69
    That's cool, nice mod.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  10. #30
    OutandBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Snipe WinterGnome
    Tarp
    TtTTG 12x10
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ, HG 3/4UQ
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    4,178
    Images
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Just a short update.

    Video on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/36014788
    Blaze I love it.
    So much better than a hiking pole to push a line up the tree.
    This is simple and will self adjust for any tarp angle. What a great idea.

    thank you, I'm adding this to my tarp with pullout.

    O&B

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •