WBBB 1.7Dbl,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ, Burrows
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles

A Question On Incubator Width

Hey gang. I recently received my 20* Incubator with 3oz over stuff. I set it up wit my eno even though it will primarily be used with my Wbbb. The question I have is how high should the UQ come up around my shoulders? It felt like it could cover one shoulder well but not the other at the same time. Any thoughts? Is this just how they cover and I need a ccp around my shoulders?

Its one sexy piece of gear though!

depends on how wide you are. I'm pretty average, 'bout 6' 180 and they come up past both shoulders if I'm down the middle of my ENO. On the angle they still cover both shoulders just not as far up.

May you be pushing the suspension down on the foot end inadvertantly? I've had that issue before, simple adjustment and I don't have it anymore.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ, Burrows
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    I'm 6'1" an 275. I guess you could say I have fairly broad shoulders. I fooled around with it for about an hour in 9* temps so maybe I just need some more time playing with it. Also I hear that the foot end is narrower that the shoulder end and it's possible I had it on backwards. Where does the HG patch go in relation to your body?

not sure, I'd have to look at mine. When you attatch it to your hammock you'll notice one side will look like is sags lower than the other, almost like one side has a shelf. It does, for you legs.

It's definitely more difficult fiddling in the cold. That's how I tweaked mine, sink or swim baby. Would've saved myself some aggrivation doing it at home though.

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    The end with the knot in the shock cord should be the head. You will probably need to tighten the suspension by pulling another 12" or more of the cord and tying a new knot. This will pull the sides as high as possible
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Maybe it is on backwards........ been done before.
    Check with Stormcrow either way....they want you to be happy for sure.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    BMJ Spinn.& DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    On my 20 degree Incubator the name patch is on the the end near where the head goes. When you "fluff it up" a little you should see a difference in the amount of fill on the quilt fairly easily. With the lighter amount of loft in the lower half where your legs should be. I had to get someone with more experience than I to help me finally get the quilt dialed in. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.
    Lazybee

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Mine come up around my shoulders in my ENO double. I'm a 48 in a suit.

I talked to Adam about your question last month. The name patch should be on your left shoulder (I saw a YouTube & someone had it on the right shoulder - I couldn't figure that one out, unless they had it inside out!).

Another way to tell, is to put the UQ flat on the floor. You'll notice that it's kind of the shape of an old pine coffin lid - i.e. goes from the head wide to the shoulders, then gradually tapers to the feet.

Another point is that Adam makes them with a "3-dimensional cut". Huh? Look at the baffles on the bottom. You'll notice that they're wider baffles where your torso goes - a deeper curve for your spine, then it goes to thinner baffles for your legs, kind of like a shelf. The easiest way to see this is to look at one from the side. Check out this video at 1:33: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNZ2d...eature=related

As far as coming up around your shoulders - tie off a square knot above the first one on the bungee about 3" up to make it snug up more...

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Maybe it is on backwards........ been done before.
    Check with Stormcrow either way....they want you to be happy for sure.
    Shug
    I did this last week and kept thinking it must have been caught somehow. After several minutes I got up and realized my mistake. Sometimes it's good to not have a camera rolling.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ, Burrows
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Thanks for the replys. I'm 99% sure I had it positioned correctly then if the logo and knotted end go towards the head. It seemed snug enough up against me and when i pulled one side up the opposite side came down.

Once my hanging spot gets cleaned up (garage) I'll give it another go. Maybe I'll get the wife to lay in it while I make adjustments.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast