Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Yea motorbike & hammock camping are a great match. I usually put a small backpack on my back, enough to fit the tarp, hammock, gas cooker, pots & a few extras then off I go. Like kayak camping, with the hammock, it's a totally independent feeling.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"- Dr Suess

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Land View Post
    Motorcycling and hammocking are a great match!

Most of the threads that I've started on this site are motorcycle/hammock-camping trip reports. You can get to them through my profile if you're interested.

There are quite a few motorcycling hangers on HammockForums. ("LawDawg to the white courtesy phone, please.")
    Chris
    WHAT!? I was sleeping Chris.

You really should check out Chris' ride/hang reports, they are well worth the read. He is an inspiration to us moto reprobate hangers. I've been moto camping for years and took up the hammock last year. Loving it! We share much with the lightweight backpacking crew...smaller packing is best and light weight does not hurt. Down insulation is your friend.

We keep this up and HF will need to add a moto hanger section!
    Mark is the name and If there is more than one way to understand what I just said....I meant the good one.

Earth First! We'll dirt bike ride the other planets later.

Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)/Pro(BU,Gear), Snipe
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a bike and I have a hammock (or two) but I have not had the pleasure to join the two! Maybe when the weather breaks (for real… non of this Spring in January BS) some of us hangin’ bikers can plan a trip somewhere…!?!?!?
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

"Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

"The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

"Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Adj Webbing
    I've been biking for a few years but just now getting into hanging with my wife. Solo it seems like a no brainer. I'm hoping to do a few 2up rides this year and hang. We pack fairly light to begin with so I don't foresee too many problems. My plan is to use the side cases for personal gear; clothing, toiletries and use the top case for the rest of the gear; hammocks, Superflies and quilts food and water. I ride a Honda ST1300 which has pretty decent storage capability.

My wife is just getting into riding her own bike, we bought her a 07 Wee at the end of last year and she's taking her course in May. So I'm hoping we can get a few trips in on our own bikes but it will depend on her confidence at the time. But it sure would make the whole packing thing somewhat easier though but it's not a bid deal either way. I'm quite stoked about it actually

We're going to FL for a couple of weeks in Feb, this will be our first hang. I can't tell you how bad I want to ride down instead of taking the car. If it was a solo trip, I'd do it in a heartbeat as long as the weather was decent. 2up is a different story.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB BigMamaJamba
    Insulation
    Kick ass quilt:JBR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by weird1 View Post
    I am headed to Boerne on my bike the first part of June to do some M/C camping and some kayak camping too. I will be there for a couple of weeks we could meet up and "hang out"
    o ya i am all for that i might have to decide bring my M/C or take the truck and bring my kayak
    Ty

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB BigMamaJamba
    Insulation
    Kick ass quilt:JBR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    WHAT!? I was sleeping Chris.

You really should check out Chris' ride/hang reports, they are well worth the read. He is an inspiration to us moto reprobate hangers. I've been moto camping for years and took up the hammock last year. Loving it! We share much with the lightweight backpacking crew...smaller packing is best and light weight does not hurt. Down insulation is your friend.

We keep this up and HF will need to add a moto hanger section!
    I am all for that
    Ty

Hammock
    DIY GEH, Dangerbird 60
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Yep, me too. The bike was the reason this whole hammock thing started for me. Looking to go light and the hammock was the natural choice. I too, only have a bike as my primary transportation and ride everyday. I am glad to see others here doing it too.

Hammock
    Blackbird dl1.0
    Tarp
    12' GG
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Webbing
    It works for me!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    All my gear fits in my Saddle Bags & a med size Tour Bag. Then I put a small cooler on my back seat for refreshments. I'd rather travel this way than in the car! It's such a total sense of freedom to hop on my bike and just go!
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    KA Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    I sold all my tents, and my daily driver is a KLR, so it's hard to not motorcycle camp.
    One advantage I have found specific to motorcycle camping,...there is always one campsite on a slope, or with roots, and the tent people avoid these. So you can pop into spots others won't.
    OR can't!

Oh Yeah, got Wolfman packs for my "mule" just for that reason.