Hammock
    UK Woodsman, HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    whoopie,WB adj web
    Thanks, but the funny thing is the only thing I have left from that setup is the top quilt, bear vault, poles and the tarp lines.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Insulation
    KAQ
    Suspension
    Rings and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoreMachine View Post
    Also, where and how do you hang your helmet at night? What is the best way to let it dry out, but keep it bugs out (including the flying type)? I thought about using a bag made out of no-seeum netting, but I was worried it wouldscratch my face-shield.
    I've got this down pretty good - I have to shuffle some gear around but it worked well this summer:

1) Hammock gear goes in saddlebag
    2) Clothes go in dry bag on seat

When I get to camp I setup hammock, move clothes from dry bag to saddlebag - then I stuff my suit and helmet into the dry bag for overnight. If it's raining I'll just hang my suit under the tarp, and dry off my helmet and stuff it in the dry bag alone.

And this summer I also brought two tarps which is a huge convenience if it's raining - no more huddling under the hammock tarp!

Jim

Hammock
    HH UL bpk
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Hammock, kitchen items, and clothes in one saddlebag, sleeping bag in the other (replaces with helmet when I reach camp), and various riding and camping paraphernalia in the top case.

If I'm backpacking, the pack gets strapped to the pillion with everything in it and I pack all my riding gear in the cases while I'm gone.

Hammock
    HH BU
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon
    Insulation
    I just suck it up
    Suspension
    HH
    What are the different needs between hammock campers who ride and those who (a)hike or (b)auto-camp? How do these differences impact our gear choices and packing methods?
    I carry tools for tire repair and minor mechanical repairs when on my bike, but usually take a point and shoot camera instead of my DSLR (due to the nature of off road riding in general). I tend to be just as weight conscious as I am when hiking otherwise. When car camping it's me, my family, my dogs, and way too much stuff.

What are the different needs between riders who hammock and those who tent ?
    Basically the only difference would be personal preferences for sleeping bag/pad/quilt(s).

What items can pull double duty on a bike and hammock, and how? (e.g. Rock straps, warmnsafe gear, bike cover vs extra tarp, whoopie slings as tie downs, armor as sleeping pads)
    I usually multi-purpose cordage for tie downs and I bring a spare tarp, not for the bike but for my riding gear. And in a pinch I've used my helmet for a seat.

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    WL-Tad Pole -Black
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/MSH/Whoopie
    Since I took up hammocking last fall this will be my first year motorcycling (Triumph Tiger1050) AND hammocking. Can't wait! Already have 3 big trips planned.

Like many I have sold all my ultralite solo tents and will just have to be prepared to go to the ground If needed (very unlikely) .

Hammocking is one of my new loves so combining it w/my other...is just TOO much!!!

I do think I will take my larger, cheaper, camo tarp from harborfreight instead of my silnylon. More rugged and i ain't backpacking. Plus I did that ATVing/hammocking this winter and it worked out well.
    TRIUMPH
    Go Your Own Way

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/Speer/Clark
    Tarp
    SpeerWT/HG Custom
    Insulation
    HGear UQ &TQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies/SShackles
    I want you guys to know that this thread almost cost me $8,000! I currently have a cruiser but have always wanted a BMW GS series. After re-reading this thread, I found a used GS1150 Adventure with everything I wanted in Texas. I called but it had sold that day. Good and bad news I guess.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardHanger View Post
    I have a bike and I have a hammock (or two) but I have not had the pleasure to join the two! Maybe when the weather breaks (for real… non of this Spring in January BS) some of us hangin’ bikers can plan a trip somewhere…!?!?!?
    There's a Black Hills Hang this August 17-19 I believe. I'll be riding there on either a KLR or DL650. Maybe more will be there too? Staying away from Sturgis tho, if that's happening near then in time and space.

Hammock
    HH UL bpk
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by plaunius View Post
    I want you guys to know that this thread almost cost me $8,000! I currently have a cruiser but have always wanted a BMW GS series. After re-reading this thread, I found a used GS1150 Adventure with everything I wanted in Texas. I called but it had sold that day. Good and bad news I guess.
    Sorry you missed out on a great bike! Where's the good news?

Hammock
    Warbonnet(s)
    Tarp
    situational
    Insulation
    Love+down+IX
    Suspension
    Straps

This weekend

I needed a break from the mediocre snow we've been having this year, so I headed off the mountain for an overnighter. In El Dorado National Forest-