Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
    This is generally true, but I had issues with my drysacks during my bike trip this summer. The material didn't stand up to the constant and relentless vibrations, so in the panniers the vibrations wore a hole in one of them. I'm guessing a thin neoprene liner in the panniers would do the trick, but just something to think about.
    i have adopted my bridal unit's fabric grocery bags for saddle bag liners

i just drop them into my saddle bags, loaded w/ my stuff organized in 2-gal zip-locs, for further protection

hope this helps

sw
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve

Quote Originally Posted by ibgary View Post
    Day 3-6 YellowstoneAttachment 53247
    <snip>
    The pics of your bike, the places you posted about in this thread, and your location brought back some good memories of my trusty old Sporty and the two trips we took to visit my brother in Fort Collins...

Poudre River Cameron Pass

Devils Tower Crazy Horse Memorial

Mount Rushmore The Badlands

The camping I did on those two trips was on the deck, but I hope to remedy that in the future once I get myself set up with some hammock gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Certain View Post
    This picture was on my trip....love the fact that my backpacking gear also fits nicely on my motorcycle, which doesn't have tons of storage options.
    Iíve gotta agree with the others... You know how to pack your bike.

What is Fearless, a lowered Sporty?

Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Adj Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
    One of the attendees rolled in with http://gogrillz.com/ lettered on his panniers. I was too busy at the time to query about it. Stopped to chat with him later in the weekend and he showed it to me. "would you like one?" Didn't take long to decide. Very cool, it will stay on my bike. Thought there might be others interested. He told me he has plans on making lighter versions as well. Of course, those materials will cost much more.
    I've been thinking about something like this for some time and may check it out. Thanks.

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    HH Asym Hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ &amp; TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopy Slings
    Great comments folks. One of the reasons I took up hanging is to reduce my load on the m/c. I agree with ice cycle you may need the tent in some locations. Sometimes it's better to have than to want and I've been stuck in "the want" a couple of times.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
    One of the attendees rolled in with http://gogrillz.com/ lettered on his panniers. I was too busy at the time to query about it. Stopped to chat with him later in the weekend and he showed it to me. "would you like one?" Didn't take long to decide. Very cool, it will stay on my bike. Thought there might be others interested. He told me he has plans on making lighter versions as well. Of course, those materials will cost much more.
    That's a nice size for two steaks. And am I understanding right that it weighs just over 8 oz? I can see one of those in a gallon zip-lock bag packed in my saddle bags or even in my kayak.
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 11-17-2013 at 18:56.
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG on order
    I'm planning on an almost month long mc trip through Alaska next summer. I can't wait. I'm hoping that there are some serious holiday sales so that I can gear up.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly w/doors
    Insulation
    WInc and Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing
    I met a few folks from HF at a campground here in SC that some of us are considering adopting to keep it open (or, more accurately, to get it re-opened).

I packed my gear on the bike for the two-night hang.

Chris

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    BW webbing
    I just read the comment that if it works for backpacking it will work for motorcycling camping, and yes I agree other than the gear needs to be protected better on a bike. Every thing is so subjected to vibration on the bike that it does not see in a back pack. It will get rattled around on a backpack, but I also off road or at least bad road with the gear loaded. Then there is also getting your gear to survive the mishaps that it will go through when the bike goes down in dirt mud water.
    That also leads to water proofing your gear a back pack or stuff sack is not going to keep the water out of your stuff when doing a 16 hour day in the saddle when it rains 8 of them. Dry bags for every thing, and dry things go with dry stuff and wet stuff goes with wet stuff. On a recent trip a friend pack all his stuff in dry bags and one morning he packed his dew covered tarp in with his sleeping bag, guess what that night he not only had a moist tarp, but he had a moist sleeping bag also.
    Keeping hard things away from soft things that might not do well being rubbed together all day. The spreader bars for my Ridge Runner will wear right through a nylon stuff sack and after that right through what ever they are packed agenst, think tarp or hammock. So they are packed with cooking gear or tools.
    Motorcycle camping is such a small market that there is not very much specialized gear out there so we do have to borrow from backpacking and boating. And use what work best for what we are trying to do.
    One of the biggest help tips I got was from Helon2Wheels (if it ain't tight it ain't right)

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Streamline
    Insulation
    Down quilts
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    You just need a lot of good straps.

Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.