Hennesey Hyperlite side zip
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Cat
    Insulation
    DIY undercover
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Woopieslings on Hennesey

I have had a pair of woopieslings for a couple monthe now. I have watched installation vidios etc. I have been reluctant to install. I am trying to figure out if prusic knot loops will still be functional for adjusting factory fly setup. Or will they interfear with the woopies. I have a nice diy sil cat tarp that i use on a seperate ridge line. My dillema is I was cought in severe hail wind and torental rains is the smokies last year. It sure was nice to be double tarped! I will also be voiding hennesey warrenty as soon as woopies are installed! What are your thoughts?:

Hammock
    DIY DL 1.1 w/footbox and zip bugnet
    Tarp
    MEC Sil Guide Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I've got a Hennessy and I switched to whoopies as soon as I could I've got my tarp on a separate ridge line but I know what you mean about the double tarping so I have just put the factory prussics back on the hammock suspension (on the whoopies). It seems like it will work fine but I think it will depend on the length of the whoopies (location and length of bury). I will try and get mine setup and post a couple pics soon.
    Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions. ~Author Unknown
    I seem to have lots of experience for my age

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    none yet
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlandHorde View Post
    I've got a Hennessy and I switched to whoopies as soon as I could
    Amen, brother!!! I got my Amsteel in the mail yesterday and swapped out my HH Exp'n immediately. Those Hennessy stock ropes are HORRIBLE. Slick, stiff, and bulky... everything you want a rope NOT to be.

Thank you thank you, whoopie sling inventor people, for being so brilliant and resourceful, and to HF for having this info available where I could find it.

Rev

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Cat
    Insulation
    DIY undercover
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Bravo, However, I beleive I posted earlier, I double tarp. Stock Hennesey on stock suspension below a Sill cat tarp on its own suspension. Yes I realise the benifits of a seperate tarp. However , after the monsoon and tornados I Hammocked in the smokies last year, Man am I glad I double tarped at the expence of 8 or 10 oz. No not car camping backpacking.
    I installed woopies and tried out back. Guess what they interfer with prusics, or vice versa. I will not go without my double tarp system.period! I might not have survived without it. Many strong gear oninions hear and thats fine. Fact is I have a few two. The woopies seem nice but I may go back to stock? They are absolutly not perfect!

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    KAW, if you are using the standard fly that came with your HH, the whoopie slings should have about a foot on each end for the placement of the prusik loop. HH tarps are not much longer than the hammock so that should be plenty. The only time we have heard it isn't is if an oversize fly such as a Hex or Monsoon is outfitted. Perhaps a picture of the issue you are having could be provided. If you ever have an issue with one of our products, you are always welcome to contact us at [email protected]. You will find we do everything possible to ensure satisfaction.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Cat
    Insulation
    DIY undercover
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    ITs The stock fly and the prusics on both ends landed right smack dab in the center of the whoopie tension area. It causes conflict. The foot extra is not enough as you are not taking into consideration, the length of the prusics etc. Two feet would be what is needed on each end!

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    We make our whoopie slings for Hennessy Hammocks with an extra length of line from the bury of the fixed eye to the constrictor part. This extra length is to allow placment of the original prusik/hook for the original tarp. So, yes, you should be able to attach it if they were our whoopie slings. As far as voiding the warranty, and I'm no lawyer, I don't think they can void it just for installing whoopie slings. Now if the whoopie slings where to damage the hammock, which I've never heard of them doing, then they could refuse to honor the damage.

Hammock
    WBBB & Traveler,ENO
    Insulation
    HG.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I just put whoopies on my Hennessy, and hung it yesterday for the first time. the prusik/hooks fit ok. But the cord that Hennessy uses did not seem to "bite" on the Amsteel good. If I pulled on the trap, they would move a little.

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Quote Originally Posted by last1up View Post
    I just put whoopies on my Hennessy, and hung it yesterday for the first time. the prusik/hooks fit ok. But the cord that Hennessy uses did not seem to "bite" on the Amsteel good. If I pulled on the trap, they would move a little.
    Last1up, try giving the prusik 4 wraps around the Amsteel rather than the original 3 turns. That should increase the bite.

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Backpacker Asym
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    MSH,Whoopie slings
    Hmmm... We must have crossed paths as I was posting basically the same thing here (with pictures):

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=46377
    Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
    - John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast