Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    DD
    Good points, especially on the disruption of the UQ seal by the pad........ and YMMV on what gets cold enough to interfere with comfort.

So, before the OP goes off on a quest for a pad that doesn't satisfy and even leads him to be frustrated with his UQ, what do you suggest? To my multiple layers of socks, I suspect Thinsulate leg warmers might be sufficient complement to an partial UQ.
    • No more insulation than needed, and
    • engineered to take mild pressure without compressing so much the insulation is compromised.

eg: the trimmed sleeves from an old winter jacket or coat.

Hammock
    ENO ProNest
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Suspension
    ENO Pro Slap
    Shugs idea of putting his down jacket around the foot end of the hammock works really well. I tried it alone with no foot pad and was comfy down to 30 degrees! Just an idea!

Hammock
    GT UL, WBBB1.7sl, Taveler1.7sl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4s
    Insulation
    Yeti 3s, UGQ Top
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks Guys! I am accustomed to using a sit pad anyway so I am still leaning the CCF route. Shug, I saw a video where you had a cut down piece of pad in a sort of trapezoid shape. I kinda like that set up. Do you remember the dimensions of that piece? I cant seem to be able to find that vid.

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grimtongue View Post
    Thanks Guys! I am accustomed to using a sit pad anyway so I am still leaning the CCF route. Shug, I saw a video where you had a cut down piece of pad in a sort of trapezoid shape. I kinda like that set up. Do you remember the dimensions of that piece? I cant seem to be able to find that vid.
    I dont remember but it went from my heels to back of knees......wider at knees then tapered to foot. No real right size just what works for your size. Cut bigger and trim down is a good way.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I dont remember but it went from my heels to back of knees......wider at knees then tapered to foot. No real right size just what works for your size. Cut bigger and trim down is a good way.
    Shug
    The z-lite pads are 24" I believe. This, when put in a footbox, makes a semicircle that flattens a bit when it is no longer constricted inside the footbox and is under the legs. I think 6 sections of the z-lite is what I have experience with. Each section is 6-8" wide, so you're looking at 36"-48" long. Thinking harder about it now, and the piece couldn't be 4' long, it must be 3'. Try using a piece of cardboard box and cut it up with the corrugation running lengthwise from feet to knees so that it can curl in the footbox. Cut some rough dimensions and see what you get, then trim. that way you don't ruin your expensive $12 CCf pad.
    I'd probably go with 20" at fee and 24" at knees to start, but your footbox may be bigger, which would be nice.

Hammock
    GT UL, WBBB1.7sl, Taveler1.7sl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4s
    Insulation
    Yeti 3s, UGQ Top
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The cardboard template is a great idea! One that I honestly never thought of. (obvious as it seems) I knew there was a reason I signed up here......