Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    New Member BumpJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eustis, Florida
    Hammock
    Pine Needles
    Insulation
    Blubber
    Posts
    9
    Thanks yall. Sounds logical doesnt it?
    I dont own one yet. I have been using my friends Hennessey. I like it but watching this video almost makes me want to buy one instead.
    I slowly check out different tricks to learn what and what not to "waste" my money on
    Did you hear that?

  2. #12
    Senior Member cavediver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern IL
    Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Posts
    826
    Images
    33
    That is good doing you homework and research before you buy. I have bought things before and wish I had done my homework before I bought it.

    To answer you question I think that if you can tie it just above shoulder height you should be on a good start you may have to lower it down a bit but you will find that spot were you like it. And as others have said you might just tie it a bit tighter.

    Welcome to HF good people in here and allot of good advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by BumpJumper View Post
    Thanks yall. Sounds logical doesnt it?
    I dont own one yet. I have been using my friends Hennessey. I like it but watching this video almost makes me want to buy one instead.
    I slowly check out different tricks to learn what and what not to "waste" my money on

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WY
    Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Old tent fly
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    Posts
    16
    Are you wearing a dive watch cave diver?

  4. #14
    Senior Member cavediver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern IL
    Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Posts
    826
    Images
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by fjl307 View Post
    Are you wearing a dive watch cave diver?

    yes it is a dive watch a citizen aqualand

  5. #15
    Member bernc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Posts
    72
    Images
    1
    Hey my Clark NA just arrived at the beginning this week and thanks to the videos posted here I was able to hang it a few times today to get the hang of it. I just wanted to post to say thanks cavediver for putting this video together. It really helps fill in the gaps where Clark's vague manuals don't go too in depth.

    My favorite excerpt from the Clark manual w/ no picture included:
    Do not tie the hammock so taut that it stretches between the teres. Do not tie the hammock so loosely that it sags.
    Gotta love it haha. Thanks again cavediver.

  6. #16
    Senior Member cavediver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern IL
    Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Posts
    826
    Images
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by bernc3 View Post
    Hey my Clark NA just arrived at the beginning this week and thanks to the videos posted here I was able to hang it a few times today to get the hang of it. I just wanted to post to say thanks cavediver for putting this video together. It really helps fill in the gaps where Clark's vague manuals don't go too in depth.

    My favorite excerpt from the Clark manual w/ no picture included:

    Gotta love it haha. Thanks again cavediver.

    Thanks for the kind words
    Your very welcome I am glad it helped I hope you have continued
    long and peace full hangs

    Regards

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2

    Tent pole tarp

    Cavediver,

    I purchased the poles and set up my Clark NA the way shown in the video. It was simple and worked great. I was curious though, there are tent poles with ends available on that site that are much lighter than the .625 size. Did you pick the larger diameter for structural reasons?

    Thanks.

    Glen (forum newbie)

  8. #18
    Senior Member cavediver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern IL
    Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Posts
    826
    Images
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    Cavediver,

    I purchased the poles and set up my Clark NA the way shown in the video. It was simple and worked great. I was curious though, there are tent poles with ends available on that site that are much lighter than the .625 size. Did you pick the larger diameter for structural reasons?

    Thanks.

    Glen (forum newbie)
    Well Glen let me first welcome you to Hammock Forum then I must have to ask you about the tent poles? I don't use tent poles for my hammock I use hiking poles if you are talking about how I make the tarp stand up and out. If not I must be real confused at this point so if you would please help me understand you question a bit more then I will try to answer accordingly.

    again welcome to the group.

  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2
    Cavediver,

    Sorry for the confusion. There were several videos posted, and one was of setting up the Clark XL rain fly to stay spread using aluminum tent poles. I guess it was from a different user.

    Thanks.

    Glen

  10. #20
    New Member Lulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nomadic
    Hammock
    Clark North American
    Posts
    1
    Great videos Cavediver! Just got my new Clark North American, would have spent days trying to tinker my hammock to perfection without your videos.

    Are you familiar with setting up the NA on the ground? I'd love to see an instructional video for this as well if you'd be interested in making one.

    -Lulu

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •