Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Video: Spring

  1. #21
    MedicineMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Roan Mountain,TN
    Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Posts
    5,596
    Images
    76
    Watching it now-thanks for the Vimeo Blaze.
    Love the sounds of footsteps in crunchy snow and the pyramid tent looks bombproof...isn't someone on HF working on a heated/stove setup for hammocking?
    Clever on shifting the legs of the lantern coaxing them into taking the load of the cup.
    Just saw the spider web of yellow cord all around the tarp--if the cord glowed that in itself would look cool at night.
    By those last scenes one would think spring is just around the corner--and we're getting a winter storm tomorrow!

  2. #22
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,060
    Good stuff Blaze! You've got to love the teepee with the woodstove. Looks like a good camp! Great to see spring coming around for you...still very much winter where I am at for another couple of months!

    Cheers

  3. #23
    Senior Member Veto 65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cohoes, New York
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Posts
    860
    Images
    6
    Thanks for the video Blaze. The spring time shots are a nice indication of thins to come. Great video and music.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

  4. #24
    hangNyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Posts
    495
    Images
    17
    Love your videos, Blaze. That is a very genius idea with the candle lantern. I have one and need to try that. I'm a coffee lover and that little gem would give me an endless supply.
    RON

    A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at? ~ Ronald Reagan

  5. #25
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    I’ve got that stove, it works ok (as Mr Shug said, a bit fiddly), BUT you’ll probably find that you’ll need to use a priming tray to get the stove going. (Your bottle lid will do the job.) I use a lid I got off a Milo tin. You might have a small coffee tin lid you could use. The stove, the lid and the 450 ml cup weigh 106 grams. The stove, priming tray, tinfoil wind shield and tinfoil lid all fit in the 450 ml cup. The tinfoil somehow stains the cup with what looks like aluminium, so I line the cup with a plastic lunch bag, before I put the wind shield in, followed by the other bits.

    Titanium Travel Mug (450 ml)
    http://www.vargooutdoors.com/Titanium-Travel-Mug-(450-ml)
    .
    I am looking forward to receiving that little stove. I have been told it should be bullet proof.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    As much as I love hammocks, that teepee stove tent was pretty awesome.

    I'm excited for your spring vids to come and thanks for the teaser.

    Fronkey
    Thanks Fronkey. Hope I can deliver.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Dont step on that stove like I did....it's a bit fragil in those little legs
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Watching it now-thanks for the Vimeo Blaze.
    Love the sounds of footsteps in crunchy snow and the pyramid tent looks bombproof...isn't someone on HF working on a heated/stove setup for hammocking?
    Clever on shifting the legs of the lantern coaxing them into taking the load of the cup.
    Just saw the spider web of yellow cord all around the tarp--if the cord glowed that in itself would look cool at night.
    By those last scenes one would think spring is just around the corner--and we're getting a winter storm tomorrow!
    As I recall it, OutandBack is getting a heated setup together.
    As for the 3 legs on the lantern and the twisting (which is wrong), all I had to do was to pull them a millimeter or two further up and they look into place, thus securing that the lantern does not collapse under the weight of a cup.
    And spring do seem to have hit Denmark.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Good stuff Blaze! You've got to love the teepee with the woodstove. Looks like a good camp! Great to see spring coming around for you...still very much winter where I am at for another couple of months!

    Cheers
    Thanks Callahan. Yes that teepee was great on a rainy day.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by Veto 65 View Post
    Thanks for the video Blaze. The spring time shots are a nice indication of thins to come. Great video and music.
    Glad you liked the video and the added music. I am slowly learning how to cook so to speak.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by hangNyak View Post
    Love your videos, Blaze. That is a very genius idea with the candle lantern. I have one and need to try that. I'm a coffee lover and that little gem would give me an endless supply.
    The info on the collapsable tea candle lantern is a bit misleading. As for the 3 legs on the lantern and the twisting (which is wrong), all I had to do was to pull them a millimeter or two further up and they look into place, thus securing that the lantern does not collapse under the weight of a cup.
    Blaze

  6. #26
    Needs more Hang time Catavarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Posts
    3,519
    Images
    3
    Things look absolutely lovely there. It's funny how you're seeing signs of spring there, mean while we just got our first (and likely only) snow fall of the season.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

    Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

    Trail name: Radar

    2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

  7. #27
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Things look absolutely lovely there. It's funny how you're seeing signs of spring there, mean while we just got our first (and likely only) snow fall of the season.
    It seems that spring is a bit earli here, though it can still be overruled by King Winter, but I doubth it. Lovely with a bit of warms.
    Blaze

  8. #28
    Senior Member Plom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland, Europe
    Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord
    Posts
    105
    Blaze thanks about video , up here the spring is still far away.
    I like: my 50 cc scooter, pizza, cola.

  9. #29
    sturgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, Burrow
    Posts
    739
    Images
    2
    Nice looking tarp. Did you make it or buy it?

  10. #30
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Plom View Post
    Blaze thanks about video , up here the spring is still far away.
    Thank you for watching and commenting. And I see you are from Finland. Yeah, still deep winter.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
    Nice looking tarp. Did you make it or buy it?
    The tarp is a Warbonnet Superfly. Super tarp. Love it.
    Blaze

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •