Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    BillyBob58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Posts
    8,463
    Images
    353

    Pods,Bushman and woman, minus 25C!

    Hey, have y'all seen this? Pretty cool, sort of an unseen(by me anyway) deep winter excursion, and really not with all that much gear. Not even a a winter bag or TQ, just PeaPods, winter clothing and a pad. Oh, well yeah, I guess they did cheat and used a blanket also! Bushman and Bushwoman(of the Yukon) hanging side by side under one tarp. I thought this was great!

    Bushman, I kind of like your voice for narration- just sort of a mellow Canadian thing going on I guess!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV0dg...eature=related

    Also there was this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSZ0r...eature=related

    I found this interesting because I have been wondering about using my PeaPod with a Grandtrunk UL.
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

  2. #2
    Beautiful scenery. I want to hang under one tarp like that.

  3. #3
    OutandBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Snipe WinterGnome
    Tarp
    TtTTG 12x10
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ, HG 3/4UQ
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    4,188
    Images
    129
    Enjoyed the video thanks for the link BB.
    Those PeaPods seem to be pretty darn popular.

  4. #4
    Senior Member bodhran4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    Posts
    255
    I like how they wear the same outfit at the beginning. Its like they are two peas in, well, a peapod.

  5. #5
    BillyBob58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Posts
    8,463
    Images
    353
    YAY, some responses. I thought this was pretty impressive and there were no responses cause Y'all just don't love me! But seriously, I would be even more impressed if these were not Yukon folks, Those Canadians can handle the cold. I remember when one ( 2 actually) did minus 13F with a dang base HHSS, blew me away(and they were warm!)

    Still impressed with this, Canadian or not. As big a PeaPod fan as I am, to take one to minus 25C ( so, again about minus 13F?) - and both a male and female also- with - for added top warmth- just very warm clothes and a blanket? And apparently toasty warm, both of them? That is gnarly!
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

  6. #6
    OutandBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Snipe WinterGnome
    Tarp
    TtTTG 12x10
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ, HG 3/4UQ
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    4,188
    Images
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    YAY, some responses. I thought this was pretty impressive and there were no responses cause Y'all just don't love me! But seriously, I would be even more impressed if these were not Yukon folks, Those Canadians can handle the cold. I remember when one ( 2 actually) did minus 13F with a dang base HHSS, blew me away(and they were warm!)

    Still impressed with this, Canadian or not. As big a PeaPod fan as I am, to take one to minus 25C ( so, again about minus 13F?) - and both a male and female also- with - for added top warmth- just very warm clothes and a blanket? And apparently toasty warm, both of them? That is gnarly!
    What are Peapods rated for 20F?
    I'd love to have one but 350 or so is kinda steep for me to swing right now. I'm probably going to have to stay with my long and wide down sleeping bag slid over the hammock makeshift peapod style.
    I'm hoping to get out in a couple weeks to test mine before this winter is gone.

  7. #7
    Member Bushman of yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Yukon Territory
    Hammock
    HH Expeditions & grand trunk Ultra
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    SS & Pea Pods
    Suspension
    AHE Webbing,chain
    Posts
    70
    Images
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Hey, have y'all seen this? Pretty cool, sort of an unseen(by me anyway) deep winter excursion, and really not with all that much gear. Not even a a winter bag or TQ, just PeaPods, winter clothing and a pad. Oh, well yeah, I guess they did cheat and used a blanket also! Bushman and Bushwoman(of the Yukon) hanging side by side under one tarp. I thought this was great!

    Bushman, I kind of like your voice for narration- just sort of a mellow Canadian thing going on I guess!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV0dg...eature=related

    Also there was this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSZ0r...eature=related

    I found this interesting because I have been wondering about using my PeaPod with a Grandtrunk UL.
    Hey BillyBob58 Is my voice good enough for radio?...haha! You forgot to mention that we each were using the Exped 7 mat with no air. The foam version not down I was surprised myself that we were that warm considering the pod is only rated for -7C The pad saved our A** though! And our backs It sure wasn't fun to get out in the morning though

  8. #8
    Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Modoc, SC
    Hammock
    HHDJ/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Posts
    3,324
    I love my peapod and used it this past weekend with a Mac sock with one layer of IX. Nice and toasty warm. I just had light clothes on and stuck a poncho liner in with me just in case.
    Happy Hangin!!!


    AKA BajaHanger

    You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it. -Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    Someone should do a review and compare a PeaPod with a FF Winter Wren. (I don't have either).

  10. #10
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    Someone should do a review and compare a PeaPod with a FF Winter Wren. (I don't have either).
    Wish I owned both! Then I would........
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •