Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member catalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hover System
    Posts
    317
    Images
    2

    1st WL order - Big Daddy tarp

    Just ordered a big daddy tarp in green. Believe it or not it will be replacing a cuben tarp I sold. I'm really excited! Any idea what the usual wait is with WL?
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

  2. #2
    dragon360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Posts
    6,294
    Images
    1
    Everything I have ordered from Marty has come very quickly. Great pick up!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

  3. #3
    Senior Member J.Andersons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    Posts
    470
    That's interesting because someone told on HF if You go cuben and You never go back to other heavier material tarp [chinscratch]
    Ride fast
    Live fun

  4. #4
    Senior Member catalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hover System
    Posts
    317
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Andersons View Post
    That's interesting because someone told on HF if You go cuben and You never go back to other heavier material tarp [chinscratch]
    Lol. Cuben is nice, but there was something else I wanted more, and with limited funds right now I had to do some gear swapping.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

  5. #5
    flatline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    high point, nc
    Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Posts
    2,991
    Images
    44
    i'm sure it'll be there "lickity slpit".

    >_please add your name to the world wide H F member location list_<


    _________f___l___a___t___l___i___n___e_________

    " just jump in where you can and hang on!" - briscoe darling

    ___the_cure_for_flatline_disease_can_be_found_here ____

  6. #6
    Senior Member ernesthemmingway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    poncho liners
    Suspension
    webbing
    Posts
    331
    Images
    3
    what was it that you preferred about the big daddy over the cuban tarp? just curious.
    with two m's, like "hammock."

  7. #7
    Senior Member catalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hover System
    Posts
    317
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesthemmingway View Post
    what was it that you preferred about the big daddy over the cuban tarp? just curious.
    I loved the cuben tarp. Sold it mostly because I needed some money for a different purchase, but also because I was a little worried about it getting damaged. I use it around my children and scouts and anytime they ran near it I had a minor heart attack.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,859
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    Just ordered a big daddy tarp in green. Believe it or not it will be replacing a cuben tarp I sold. I'm really excited! Any idea what the usual wait is with WL?
    Not to worry...I ordered mine last week and it showed up today. I must say I an VERY happy with the tarp. I really like the extra coverage it provides while maintaining a very reasonable weight. Without guylines but with guyline storage pouches it came in just about 15 oz. With JrB self tensioning guylines I was a whisker over 16 oz. The worknmanship was impecible. I hung it up immediately and was impressed at the tightness. The cat cuts are very minimal which provides even more coverage while still maintaining a taught tarp. I couldn't be happier with my Big Daddy....and it's on sale BTW.

    Thanks Marty!

    Miguel

  9. #9
    Senior Member catalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hover System
    Posts
    317
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Not to worry...I ordered mine last week and it showed up today. I must say I an VERY happy with the tarp. I really like the extra coverage it provides while maintaining a very reasonable weight. Without guylines but with guyline storage pouches it came in just about 15 oz. With JrB self tensioning guylines I was a whisker over 16 oz. The worknmanship was impecible. I hung it up immediately and was impressed at the tightness. The cat cuts are very minimal which provides even more coverage while still maintaining a taught tarp. I couldn't be happier with my Big Daddy....and it's on sale BTW.

    Thanks Marty!

    Miguel
    Good to hear. I wasn't sure if they have 2-4 week wait like some of the other gear makers. Sounds like they get product out the door pretty quickly. Even better.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

  10. #10
    nateseviltwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    WL TQ &amp; UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    184
    You'll love it. It's my favorite tarp.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •