Hammock
    HH UL A-Sym Zip
    Tarp
    DIY XL Hex
    Insulation
    still fooling with

Suggestions for Ridgeline and riggings

I am nearing the final stages of my DIY hex tarp and need advice on what to use for a ridge line, guy lines and hardware.

1) Ridgeline seam:
    (30D Sil) I am planning to do a modified flat felled seam without the fold under. Would adding a stretch of grossgrain to the length of the seam provide much extra strength?

2) Ridgeline Rope:
    Seems like 1.75 Zing-it is popular. Advantages of other suggestions?

3) Guy Lines:
    1.9 techline seems to be the normal choice or are their better options?

4) Hardware:
    I am not up to splicing closed loops at this point. For the ridgeline I was thinking about running a loop around a tree that attaches a biner to prussic for one end and a dutch or figure 9 on the other end (thus allowing an open space for the hammock suspension on both ends). I also think I want small O-rings sewn into the tarp corners to even the stress distribution. The tarp will be attached to the RL via biner and prussic.
    Does this sound good and most importantly WHERE can I buy all this? http://www.diygearsupply.com doesn't seem to have Zing-it and can anyone vouch for the strength of the mini O-rings?

You all have been so helpful thus far and I think you in advance!!

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    In regards to the o-rings, I think you would want the d-rings or triangles that Scott sells. The o-rings I do not believe can deal with the force of a ridgeline.

As for zing-it or lash-it, it is light and strong and can be spliced. Many pros to many here. I use zing-it, speer no-tangle and dacron kite line and all with no issues.

Guylines for me are the same. I use zing, dacron and speer no-tangle. all work great so far!

As for ridgeline hardware, i too use the prussik biner attachment. I also use figure 9's and Dutchware flyz and hook. Love the variety. For weight and ease, can't beat the flyz and hook.

Dutchware has zing it if needed. Hope this helps!!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    HH UL A-Sym Zip
    Tarp
    DIY XL Hex
    Insulation
    still fooling with
    Thanks dragon. I thought a circle was the strongest shape. Is the quality of the d-rings better?

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Actually I think the triangles are really popular. Seems they also focus the pull force of the guylines right along the tie-outs. But yes the d-rings are stronger than the o-rings he offers. He does seem to have metal o-rings available (most liekly strong enough but heavier). Some have simply used key-ring split rings (similar to what Warbonnet has for their ridgeline) with some success. I've tried myself and it has worked so far.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Dutch
    Images
    There are a million variations to tarp rigging and I think yours is as good as any.
    In addition to the comments above, the tech line at www.diygearsuppy.com is like a heavy duty Zing-it and could be used wherever Zing-it is called for.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    HH UL A-Sym Zip
    Tarp
    DIY XL Hex
    Insulation
    still fooling with
    Thanks MAD that bit about the tech line is very useful.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7, DH Darien UL 1.6, DIYs
    Tarp
    WB Edge/HG 4Season
    Insulation
    7DIncubator&Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR+Whoopies w/DW

Your Neighbor down the road

Knot get some 1.75 zing-it 180' and I'll make everything for you or just show you how. It easy and your only like a minute away. http://www.reddenmarine.com/samson-rope-zing-it.html You can also get some Tarp flyz & Dutch hooks and two mini biners to make a great ridge line the Dutch way http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cott...ies/dutchware/ or just buy one http://shop.whoopieslings.com/Single...are-CRL-DE.htm