DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    If it were me and I had the REI Gift .....I'd get the Kelty 9x9. Thats just me though.The 12x12 if you feel that you need that much. will need more room between tress though.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Hammock
    WB Traveller, & my DIY gathered-end
    Tarp
    DIY 10x10
    Insulation
    Pads, usually
    Suspension
    Several types
    Images
    There are some threads in the archive about hanging two hammocks side-by-side from the same pair of trees, sharing a single tarp.
    This one: Spreader Bar for Two Hammocks
    And my favorite: Spreader Bars for Hanging Double
    Except for Cannibal & his lady, I think there are few couples that enjoy long periods of sleeping in a camping hammock together.

DryFly- as per previous posters' recommendations: don't go there.
    ProFly- 10' length good, but the width seems that it would be too limiting unless you hang exclusively in good weather. Not enough options to give you good wind/weather coverage.

Good luck!
    Last edited by RootCause; 03-09-2012 at 09:53.

Agree with Shug. The 9x9 Noah has a diag of ~12.7'. More than enough length for a gathered end hammock, only requires 2 stakes and provides decent coverage. The fabric of the Noah series is tough polyester and barring major catastrophe will last. And they are relatively cheap.

I have a 12x12 Noah. It's big. Use it as a camp kitchen while canoeing. You can configure the 12 with doors for a single hammock, but there are better options available for that IMO. If you are hanging 2 hammocks side by side, this would probably be better than the 9.

Good luck with sleeping together in the ENO. Some can do it, my wife and I could not. Naps yes. Overnight, no. But then again, she doesn't like being single in the hammock either and we end up on the ground...so with a grain of salt...