1st half night in hammock

I got my mosquito set up last night and was sleeping pretty good (no tarp-nice night). My mistake was taken my yorkie with me. He growled at every little noise and kept waking me up- plus he is a big yorkie at eight pounds and wanted to sleep on my abdominal insulation (fat belly) or tucked up too close to the family jewels which didn't help matters. My back side did start to get cold at around 0300. I didn't have a pad under me though.

I may do it again tonight at Glacier Park. This time the ankle biter will stay in the truck.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    I got my mosquito set up last night and was sleeping pretty good (no tarp-nice night). My mistake was taken my yorkie with me. He growled at every little noise and kept waking me up- plus he is a big yorkie at eight pounds and wanted to sleep on my abdominal insulation (fat belly) or tucked up too close to the family jewels which didn't help matters. My back side did start to get cold at around 0300. I didn't have a pad under me though.

I may do it again tonight at Glacier Park. This time the ankle biter will stay in the truck.
    Take some underside insulation and plan on spending the whole night.... It really is great to get a super whole nights sleep in the woods.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    SLD TreeRunner, DD FL
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    DD UQ HG Econ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    yep
    my miniature schnauzer (17 lbs) did the same my first hang in and out growling at everyhting - luckily it was in the back yard and I put her in the house and so I got to sleep the whole night. The 2 cats however thought it was great and snuggled in.

Happy Hanging tonight.

cc
    Campcrafter

I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains.
    - John Muir

Hammock
    Switchback, DD frontline, or speer
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    My two pups were 80 and 60 pounds the first night I hammocked in the back yard. No, they did not sleep with me, nor did they let me sleep much. They kept on waking mamma san, wanting to check on me. They then snuffled under the tarp, and nuzzled me awake every 1/2 hour. I made from 2200 to 0030, and then decided to let the whole household sleep better, by going inside.

John

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The first excursion with my 125 pound pup was a bit strange. We went out to a forest campsite where Radigast ran around for a while and got tangled in every rope I was trying to set up. He then went back over and indicated he was ready to get back in the car. I let him in, he climbed into the back and looked expectantly as I walked back to the hammock. He woofed once as if to say "Home James" and couldn't quite grasp what was going on.

I heard nothing all night from him. Got up in the morning and let him out of the car. He took care of his morning business, watched from the back seat of the car as I dismantled the hammock and signed contentedly as we drove home. He hasn't been out for an over night since. He's a car dog. Loves his car rides. I really don't know how he would respond to a night out with no car.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts