Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thank you. i already know ill be changing out the suspension system. i dont like knots if i can avoid them.also those carabiners are nice, but heavy. im gonna go with tree huggers with a loop in one end, and put cinch rings where the carabiners are right now. {its the basic mod ive seen for claytors and dd hammocks.} should lighten things up a tad. and make set up lightening fast. going to do that same mod with the claytor eventually .this hammock dont have a way of putting a ridge line inside the netting so you can hang things. thats kind of a down side.so far it has its ups and downs. the hang will tell me if its decent enough.

set it up at the park across the street from me.had two trees close enough together to set it up. the suspension that comes with it isnt too hot. i changed it out to a tree hugger/cinch buckle system. sets up fast and is comfortable. on a scale of 1 - 10 id give the hammock a 6-7. if it had double stitching in all the places it has single stitching id bring that up to a 8-9.i also set up my claytor jungle hammock with this same suspension set up. love it ! it gets a 10 only cause it cant go any higher on a scale of 1-10. . all in all im happy with both of them. my son is happy with his. wants it set up in his bedroom and he wants to get rid of his bed he says.lol

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Varies each trip
    Last night I a Scout bring me had a ProForce Jungle Hammock to "look at & fix up".

1. Removed and restitched the bag onto the hammock. The Scout told me he had stuffed it into the bag twice and the bag was coming loose.

2. Ran 2 rows of Guttermann Ultra at each end channel. The original stitching looked kinda thin and loose to me.

3. Removed the paracord chain links with carabiners from it and replaced them with 12" Amsteel chain links and cinch buckles.

4. Got rid of the paracord suspension ropes and replaced with 10ft Polyester tree straps. (gave speech about not using rope around trees)

Final weight in it's bag = 19.35oz. (not including straps)

Overall thoughts:
    Not a bad hammock, but maybe not very comfortable.
    Fabric is 70d Nylon in a pleasant olive green color.
    Although the specs say it's 9ft long, it actually measured 8'6".
    Most of the stitching was adequate.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Last night I a Scout bring me had a ProForce Jungle Hammock to "look at & fix up".

1. Removed and restitched the bag onto the hammock. The Scout told me he had stuffed it into the bag twice and the bag was coming loose.

2. Ran 2 rows of Guttermann Ultra at each end channel. The original stitching looked kinda thin and loose to me.

3. Removed the paracord chain links with carabiners from it and replaced them with 12" Amsteel chain links and cinch buckles.

4. Got rid of the paracord suspension ropes and replaced with 10ft Polyester tree straps. (gave speech about not using rope around trees)

Final weight in it's bag = 19.35oz. (not including straps)

Overall thoughts:
    Not a bad hammock, but maybe not very comfortable.
    Fabric is 70d Nylon in a pleasant olive green color.
    Although the specs say it's 9ft long, it actually measured 8'6".
    Most of the stitching was adequate.
    Thanks for that assessment PapaSmurf. The perspective of "fixing it up" for a scout is one I can relate to. One of my scouts looking for a bargin hammock. I will steer him away from that one as he is already 5'11".
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    Images
    For bargains, a DIY hammock is pretty cheap! (of course, you need to purchase or make a tarp, a bug net as well...)

What about the GTUL or Buttinasling? (sorry if this is hijacking the thread!)
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!