Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63
  1. #1
    jbrianb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Covington, TN
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Posts
    694

    BIAS Weight Weenie Micro

    Building on the success of the hammock that's sold the best, our Weight Weenie, we've launched the Weight Weenie Micro, a 6 ounce hammock that's 11 feet long, 52 inches wide and made of ripstop nylon. Weight capacity is 225 lbs.

    It comes with continuous AmSteel channel loops and we're now adding a 9 foot non-adjustable Zing It ridge line with all our hammocks.

    www.buttinasling.com/gear

    Thanks for looking.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

  2. #2
    jbrianb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Covington, TN
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Posts
    694

    Here's the photo...

    Forgot the photo...
    WWMicro.jpg
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tacky Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bama
    Hammock
    SpitFire Solo
    Posts
    385
    Wow 6oz ! I think I know my next hammock. Paired with a tulle bugnet/bugsock and you have a sub 9oz setup.

    Very Nice!
    Take a Look >> Videos Trip Reports

  4. #4
    2Tall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodstock, Va
    Hammock
    11'ers DiY's, Darien U.L, WB Trvler
    Tarp
    HG4S, WB Asym
    Insulation
    HG Custom, W Mamba
    Suspension
    DGlyde, Dutch
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacky Hiker View Post
    Wow 6oz ! I think I know my next hammock. Paired with a tulle bugnet/bugsock and you have a sub 9oz setup.

    Very Nice!
    Thats awesome....where does one find this bug net.??
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

  5. #5
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,060
    Fronkey's got a great DIY video on here, or Papasmurf makes them.

    Cheers

  6. #6
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH UL, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4/Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/TeWa
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Bling
    Posts
    3,808
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrianb View Post
    Building on the success of the hammock that's sold the best, our Weight Weenie, we've launched the Weight Weenie Micro, a 6 ounce hammock that's 11 feet long, 52 inches wide and made of ripstop nylon. Weight capacity is 225 lbs.

    It comes with continuous AmSteel channel loops and we're now adding a 9 foot non-adjustable Zing It ridge line with all our hammocks.

    www.buttinasling.com/gear

    Thanks for looking.
    Nice web site,,you guys have your weight down to a science on your hammocks and gear! Will be trying one of your hammocks out in the future for sure! Good work,,

  7. #7
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacky Hiker View Post
    Wow 6oz ! I think I know my next hammock. Paired with a tulle bugnet/bugsock and you have a sub 9oz setup.

    Very Nice!
    Not to knock a 6 oz hammock, but that figure surely does not include suspension to the trees or webbing at the trees.

    The stated dimensions work out to be 5.3 square yards of material. 1.1 ripstop is a minimum of 1.1 oz / yd^2, can be higher owing to DWR coating if present. But 5.3 x 1.1 = at least 5.82 oz of material alone.

    Not to knock a 6 oz. hammock ....
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

  8. #8
    jbrianb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Covington, TN
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Not to knock a 6 oz hammock, but that figure surely does not include suspension to the trees or webbing at the trees.

    The stated dimensions work out to be 5.3 square yards of material. 1.1 ripstop is a minimum of 1.1 oz / yd^2, can be higher owing to DWR coating if present. But 5.3 x 1.1 = at least 5.82 oz of material alone.

    Not to knock a 6 oz. hammock ....
    Griz: CORRECT! I did not mean to be misleading (or unclear)... This weight represents hammock, AmSteel channel loops, bag with paracord and a cordlock only.

    We have a breakdown of our recommended suspension weights at www.buttinasling.com/specs. We sell suspension separately since so many people have so many different preferences.

    Our suspension system (2 straps, 1 inch x 72 inches, AmSteel whoopies, aluminum toggles) is 4.4 ounces (as deduced on our site by deducting out the weight of the red hammock, .72 pounds, from the weight of the whole package, .995 pounds) which comes to 4.4 oz. This brings the hammock and our suspension to 10.4 ounces (or 10.395 if you want to get technical). Of course, you can replace the continuous loops and larkshead in the whoopies to save a few grams, or you can skip the whoopies altogether and attach the toggles to the webbing and save weight there. Or leave the toggles and find a pair of sticks... But Griz is right and I appreciate his making the point that a clarification was in order.
    Last edited by jbrianb; 03-14-2012 at 21:33.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

  9. #9
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH UL, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4/Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/TeWa
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Bling
    Posts
    3,808
    Images
    14
    that is a heck of a light weight 11 ft hammock tho! Awesome light weight !

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    259
    Getting one of these next paycheck!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •