SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG Asym, WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG All the way!
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Clearly you haven't laid in one yet.. maybe get one ordered up and decide for yourselves?... I spent the night in it and being a chilly night I used the overcover, lows in the upper 20s and no condensation at all with zipped up completely.
    Only thing I'm not sure about is the tie out placement. unless I pull them to opposite extremes, out and almost parallel to the hammock I get a little floppy section between the 2 attachment points. note this is just in my shop and I staked out with my hammer on one side and a pet carrier on the other, it might not be an issue with more room to maneuver outside.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    I predict-
    A DangerBird mod that will look something like this..
    when you look at a naked DangerBird (bug net stuffed, over cover stuffed) you normally see two 'balls' at each gathered end, e.g. the stuffed bug net on one side and the stuff over cover on the other.
    Someday in the future you'll see four 'balls', the same two 'balls' at each end and a 'ball' under on each side.
    These new sets of 'balls' (I'm laughing writing that!) will be under the gathered end and each will contain half an under cover.
    You put on your underquilt then deploy each 'under ball', i.e. half an undercover from each side.
    The under cover halves (made of course in Momentum) will join each other in the middle and the amount over overlap will determine their depth.
    You want the depth to be able to vary due to the thickness of the underquilt you've selected.....not as much overlap for a WB Winter Yeti or the LeighLo 5-50 (both rated to 0F); then again if using a TeWa summer UQ you want more over lap.
    Now how the overlap is to be maintained ~valco tabs on one side and a velcro strip(s) on the other, I don't know; that will be up the the genius we know of as PapaSurf.
    So Papa, want to make me another Dangerbird with balls! HA!
    Now think of the colors!
    The overcover in jade green.
    The hammock body in chocolate.
    The hoods (what I've been calling 'balls') in champaingne.
    One half of the under cover in coyote, the other in jage green again.
    DAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNN what a colorful bird!
    Let me know when you get caught up PapaSmurf
    MedicineMan, you must have been listening in on my conversations with Randy!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    That's the same thing I thought.
    or....
    Great minds think alike?

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Oh sure! I get a "normal" Dangerbird (other than having Randy add Dutch Quilt Hooks and you people start coming up with all kinds of ideas and sizes/colors (Dream Hammocks wasn't open yet).

Now I'm worried that I'll have to start saving for another Dangerbird that's got more customization.

I predict-
    A DangerBird mod that will look something like this..
    when you look at a naked DangerBird (bug net stuffed, over cover stuffed) you normally see two 'balls' at each gathered end, e.g. the stuffed bug net on one side and the stuff over cover on the other.
    Someday in the future you'll see four 'balls', the same two 'balls' at each end and a 'ball' under on each side.
    These new sets of 'balls' (I'm laughing writing that!) will be under the gathered end and each will contain half an under cover.
    You put on your underquilt then deploy each 'under ball', i.e. half an undercover from each side.
    The under cover halves (made of course in Momentum) will join each other in the middle and the amount over overlap will determine their depth.
    You want the depth to be able to vary due to the thickness of the underquilt you've selected.....not as much overlap for a WB Winter Yeti or the LeighLo 5-50 (both rated to 0F); then again if using a TeWa summer UQ you want more over lap.
    Now how the overlap is to be maintained ~valco tabs on one side and a velcro strip(s) on the other, I don't know; that will be up the the genius we know of as PapaSurf.
    So Papa, want to make me another Dangerbird with balls! HA!
    Now think of the colors!
    The overcover in jade green.
    The hammock body in chocolate.
    The hoods (what I've been calling 'balls') in champaingne.
    One half of the under cover in coyote, the other in jage green again.
    DAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNN what a colorful bird!
    Let me know when you get caught up PapaSmurf
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    That's the same thing I thought.
    or....
    Great minds think alike?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Love to see this thread...and hate it! I can't wait for mine to arrive!! Come one number 34!! LOL

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Right now my TQ/ZQ undercover is attached to my DangerBird, it was on the BlackBird. Nice to be able to move it from one hammock to another, but for a while I couldn't put it on any hammock because I couldn't find it!
    So having it integral on a DangerBird has appeal to me. Looks like Boomer will be first though I tried via PapaSmurf in the ordering process but had the idea too late.
    So Boomer, when you get the Dangerbird in full head dress post a vid or pics so I can see how its done.
    Was just thinking--at the head/foot ends of the under cover an exit port for UQ bungies

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Whoa, whoa, WHOAAAAA........
    I haven't come up with a final (or preliminaery) design yet and I've got 18 hammocks on my list.
    It's gonna be awhile before I get a chance to play.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Was just thinking--at the head/foot ends of the under cover an exit port for UQ bungies
    I was looking at the 2QZQ one too. Saw that it had like a gathered end, so the UQ shock cord could go up from that. Randy said he's gonna do some prototype work. I was thinking that the UQ shock cord could potentially be interfered with by that gathered end on the under cover.

Then we were talking about fabrics. He thinks the silnylon will cause it to be not-breathable - condensation issues. So we were talking about M90 for the bottom.

However, I could see the value in a separate piece, which would be moveable to other hammocks as needed. I like to use my Kammok when there's no bugs around. Given that the 72 will be about the same length, I may have the best of both worlds, though...

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Congrats and your new baby!
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real