Snipe (Wilderness Logics)
    Tarp
    Cloudburst w/ Flyz
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix *20
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Hooks

UQs with Snipe

I love my WBBB, but I am contemplating a non-bug season open hammock and am not happy with my GTUL (little narrow and short). The Snipe looks awesome, but I wonder how it would work with my Phoenix UQ. The lay looks pretty extreme on the diagonal.

I assume this has been answered elsewhere, but what was the consensus before?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do in the country when you happen upon two trees spaced 15 feet apart." (John F. Kennedy's neighbor Jim)

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    I use an incubator with mine and it works great! You may have to lengthen the suspension a bit but that's it. Like you I have a WBBB and the GTUL (and a bunch of other hammocks) but the Snipe is my Favorite. A bigger issue is will your tarp fit it?

S

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ tq/Leighlo uq
    Suspension
    Dutch/Dynaglide
    I use a Phoenix with my WL Night Owl and I find that it fits great.

You should have no problems using a Phoenix with the Snipe.

Hammock
    Snipe (Wilderness Logics)
    Tarp
    Cloudburst w/ Flyz
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix *20
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Hooks

Cool!

If my UQ will work, I assume my 12' HH Hexfly will do the trick? Snipe is at the top of my list. Is 12' enough tarp coverage?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do in the country when you happen upon two trees spaced 15 feet apart." (John F. Kennedy's neighbor Jim)

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    If my UQ will work, I assume my 12' HH Hexfly will do the trick? Snipe is at the top of my list. Is 12' enough tarp coverage?
    I think so. I run the Snipe at about 108" ridge line and my 11' tarps give me enough coverage. The 12 ' tarp should be fine.

Let's us know how you like the Snipe when you get it. Really a sweet hammock. What are you going to do for a bug net?

S

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ- MacCat
    Insulation
    Leighlo, JRB MT 4
    Images
    Really want a snipe.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sorry for reviving a semi-deceased thread, but I thought I might add my $0.01999 as I am a proud owner of an extremely comfy WL Snipe. I also own one of the HG 0* Phoenixes. I have previously used the Phoenix with my HH Expedition side zip with good results, but I found the HH a little restrictive as I'm ~6'. The Snipe fits me MUCH better. My Phoenix has the secondary suspension and I find that it is too short for the Snipe. The primary suspension is almost prefect by itself, though I may lengthen it a few inches. For the time being, when using the Snipe, I plan on just disconnecting the secondary suspension; though I plan on lengthening it in the future as I feel it does keep the UQ snuggly attached to my posterior.

It is supposed to get into the mid-50s tonight in N.KY, so I'll be testing the setup minus the 2ndary suspension. Hopefully the mosseees and coyotes won't bite

Smitty