Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Received it in the mail today Will set it up at the girlfriends house this weekend and post pics. YEEEHAW!!!!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Custom 70D Nylon
    Insulation
    Thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    For anyone checking this thread who is curious about the wait time of their WBBB, allow me to (w/o his permission) intercede on Brandon's behalf:

The site is very bare-bones from what I can tell. He most likely does not have an easy interface to update the stock status on items, aside from manually editing the html and uploading it to his host.

This would take anywhere from 10-30 minutes, and keeps him away from his machine. Many successful cottage industry guys stay backed up and keep ship times ambiguous to account for random spikes in order volume. This 30 minute break could mean one (or one-half) less hammock/tarp/etc going through the pipeline.

Lesson: when ordering from a manufacturer (not retail or distributor level), patience is a virtue. All prominent gear-makers I know work hard, try to keep prices reasonable, but get a lot of heat for not shipping like Amazon. Relax, stay focused and order *early*.

I think in hindsight, most will agree that custom gear designers/builders are a cornerstone of our niche interests. They make the highest-quality gear, often listen to feedback, and have a positive effect on the economy. Never forget that.

(Also - congrats on the BB!)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohta View Post
    For anyone checking this thread who is curious about the wait time of their WBBB, allow me to (w/o his permission) intercede on Brandon's behalf:

The site is very bare-bones from what I can tell. He most likely does not have an easy interface to update the stock status on items, aside from manually editing the html and uploading it to his host.

This would take anywhere from 10-30 minutes, and keeps him away from his machine. Many successful cottage industry guys stay backed up and keep ship times ambiguous to account for random spikes in order volume. This 30 minute break could mean one (or one-half) less hammock/tarp/etc going through the pipeline.

Lesson: when ordering from a manufacturer (not retail or distributor level), patience is a virtue. All prominent gear-makers I know work hard, try to keep prices reasonable, but get a lot of heat for not shipping like Amazon. Relax, stay focused and order *early*.

I think in hindsight, most will agree that custom gear designers/builders are a cornerstone of our niche interests. They make the highest-quality gear, often listen to feedback, and have a positive effect on the economy. Never forget that.

(Also - congrats on the BB!)
    I think you miss their issue, or rather mine. When the site says two weeks then that is what people expect. It would be better to say 2 to 4 weeks and then no one would be expecting anything at two weeks. If I had read this forum first and seen others waiting that long I also would not have had any expectations. However I would wait that long again for such a GREAT product.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.1
    Tarp
    HG cuben fiber
    Insulation
    40/20 HG jRB HR
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

instant gratification

One thing I have learned is great things come for those who wait! I used to be an instant gratification kinda guy.

I ordered my WBBB dbl 1.1 less than two weeks ago and its on its way today.

Keep in mind that this stuff is not produced in China.
    Last edited by Netmonster; 05-03-2012 at 19:57. Reason: just because

Setting mine up tomorrow. Ill post a link to a new thread about it

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Custom 70D Nylon
    Insulation
    Thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    I think you miss their issue, or rather mine. When the site says two weeks then that is what people expect.
    You're correct, my apologies. Before coming to this site, I'd heard about WB and the high volume of orders (and subsequent wait times). Some thread has a post mentioning Brandon being really busy and planning to update the site (maybe it was a linked interview?).
    With that knowledge, I checked recent "ordered my....recieved my" posts, and estimated an avg of 2-6 weeks before submitting an order. Also made aware that he may be currently shipping in two-week increments. This way, there was no disappointment at a long wait time. I did custom kydex sheaths and holsters for a while, so my perception of a cottage-type small business such as WB may be a bit different than some.
    Last edited by Kohta; 05-04-2012 at 13:28.

Heres the link to my test hang with pics
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=53127

awesome pics

Quote Originally Posted by motlekj06 View Post
    awesome pics
    Thanks, hey is your profile pic Big Lebowski? lol

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod