Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #31
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,120
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    But what if we could all order separately from Tom but put a group code in to get the group discount. His shipping is free anyway. It would be like getting 19 separate orders with the group discount. Does that make sense?
    His shipping charge is probably built into the price of the tarp which may cut his profit down.

    It makes sense but how much of a hassle is it to deal with 19 separate orders (and packing them) vs one package for 19 tarps.

    If I order one it will be used when I carry a tarp and nothing else.
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone – that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

    Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

  2. #32
    Senior Member NCPatrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    9,041
    Images
    40
    I'd be interested to see what the total price ends up being after adding in the re-shipping charge.


    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

  3. #33
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,156
    Images
    295
    i am odering 2 tarps thats 70.00 bucks.tom hennessey wanted 200.00 bucks for his smaller camo tarp and that was shipping to england needless to say our british hanger opted for the claytor camo tarp 40.00 bucks shiped to england,right now the claytor tarp is the best bang for the buck 40.00 buck for one or 35.00 if more than one thats free shipping to.sorry i got the cheaper 30.00 dollar deal with free shipping to one point.but it would cost more time and money than that would be worth.neo
    the matrix has you

  4. #34
    Senior Member fin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On the trail
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Posts
    2,498
    Images
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    I'd be interested to see what the total price ends up being after adding in the re-shipping charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i am odering 2 tarps thats 70.00 bucks.tom hennessey wanted 200.00 bucks for his smaller camo tarp and that was shipping to england needless to say our british hanger opted for the claytor camo tarp 40.00 bucks shiped to england,right now the claytor tarp is the best bang for the buck 40.00 buck for one or 35.00 if more than one thats free shipping to.sorry i got the cheaper 30.00 dollar deal with free shipping to one point.but it would cost more time and money than that would be worth.neo
    Sounds like it's not really a group buy anymore, we're all on our own. Unless someone wants to deal with getting all the tarps, and shipping to everyone, the discount is the standard discount that everyone gets.

  5. #35
    Senior Member headchange4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Posts
    6,267
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Sounds like it's not really a group buy anymore, we're all on our own. Unless someone wants to deal with getting all the tarps, and shipping to everyone, the discount is the standard discount that everyone gets.
    Even if we got them for $30 each, you are still looking at probably $5+ to reship them out and PayPal fees. A $5 or less savings from the original $40 price. Hardly seems worth the effort.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett



    Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

  6. #36
    Senior Member Greg Dunlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    Hammock
    Hennessey Exp Zippereed Dlx A-Sim
    Tarp
    Hennessey 70D "HEX
    Insulation
    BA+Mtn,Hinman pad
    Suspension
    straps & carabiner
    Posts
    335
    Images
    13
    I agree, I didn't need another tarp but thought having a "camo" one would be cool if I could get it at a discount. Paying next to full price however?? That does not justify one just for the heck of it. I'll have to drop out of this buy this time.
    Greg Dunlap
    Santa Rosa, CA
    38.478156 N
    122.754598 W
    157 feet above sea level

    blackey@sonic.net

    Vietnam Security Police Life Member 361
    366th SPS K-9 Association Webmaster
    Da Nang, RVN TET 1968 - TET 1969
    Blackie 129X

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wichita, Ks
    Posts
    657
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Dunlap View Post
    I agree, I didn't need another tarp but thought having a "camo" one would be cool if I could get it at a discount. Paying next to full price however?? That does not justify one just for the heck of it. I'll have to drop out of this buy this time.
    Likewise. I am out, as well...

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Calytor Small
    Insulation
    Walmart Eggcrate
    Suspension
    Strapage
    Posts
    57
    Images
    15
    Me too - it was an impulse buy anyway. But I know where the best deal is still to be found if I decide I actually need it.

  9. #39
    Senior Member fin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On the trail
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Posts
    2,498
    Images
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Even if we got them for $30 each, you are still looking at probably $5+ to reship them out and PayPal fees. A $5 or less savings from the original $40 price. Hardly seems worth the effort.
    My thoughts exactly - without a "group" discount, it's not a "group buy." I am dropping out as well - and if I didn't say it here, would anyone know if I purchased or not anyway?

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Concord,NC
    Posts
    184
    Images
    2
    Dropping out also.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •