Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Insulation
    Ridge Rest Pad
    Suspension
    Wratchet Straps

Survival At Work

Has hammock camping helped you with workplace survival? What camping creature comforts have you managed to backpack to work?

Seriously, I do think I'm surviving at work better now that I've learned a thing or two from hammock camping. It seems lately that quite a bit of what I've learned hammock camping is now helping me survive long 12 hour days at work. It's a sort of 'mindset' when you're camping & backpacking. You learn what the basics are that you need to have with you. What a difference they make for me! For example:
    1) Packing into my office some basic office survival gear. Water bottle, snacks, instant coffee...
    2) My dehydrated backpacking meals make an awesome meal from boiling water with a kettle at work. (My fav right now is black beans and brown rice with turkey).
    3) And most of all, taking power naps in my folding hammock chair. The caffeinated power nap for 20 minutes and I feel totally refreshed. I'm doomed without it.

(If you are young and impressionable you might want to avert your eyes from all this great pr0N )

Last edited by dimeotane; 04-13-2012 at 21:46.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Well, what with paying closer attention to my hydration levels, I started bringing my Camelback to work during the summer months. With an average kitchen temperature of about 100 F, and a relative humidity level above 80% from May to September, it pays off. Hopefully, with the post-fire redesign, we'll get air conditioning this time...

Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    poncho liners
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    First of all, I think this is a great thread. Thanks Dimeotane. I drive a bus for a living, and sometimes I spend all day out on the road, so I tend to pack everything I might need for the day. Im also one of those paranoid people who carry around a bunch of "just in case" gear like big first-aid kits and tools and things. I always bring my hammock to work, and I use it quite a bit when I am parked and waiting around somewhere. In fact, I bought my first hammock for that very reason, and thats how I got started with the whole addiction. My hammock has made my job much more comfortable and pleasant.

Heres a picture i took at work a few weeks ago at Seminole Lake, Florida. I had just dropped off a group of geologists who were studying the lake, and I had a few hours for some good hammock time.

with two m's, like "hammock."

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    I have a camp axe on the front side of my pack, so I try not to bring it into work, lest I make some poor co-worker scared of dropping paperwork on my desk...

*ding*
    Idea...

Shnick
    ...Levitate me
    - Pixies

• + New Posts