DIY "WARBIRD"
    Tarp
    OES STD,WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Golite TQ/leigh UQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    Oh man that's awesome. I'll shoot you a pm soon with an answer to that. Problem being my schedule is insane with all this end of semester stuff. Ya know, since the new parking lot additions and a feature in Backpacker Magazine users of the trail have close to tripled. It used to be "oh no problem we will be able to use a campsite", to being a question of availability. I went last weekend when the weather broke and there were quite a few cars there. If I had been staying overnight I would have been worried about finding a spot.

but, of course then the wonderful solution that is a hammock, comes in to play But yea I will let you know.

BTW its 5:00PM here on the east coast, no package I guess I am s.o.l. for today...but there is always a whole other day for anxiousness.
    I always worry about getting a camping spot at a place with only 3 official campsites but if the worst happens we will just move inland and make a spot of our own stealth style. Not to worried about finding a spot for my hammock but there will be two other tents that might have trouble. I think I read somewhere in there literature that if all the sites were taken that you could camp responcebly along the coast at your descretion. still pretty early in the season for most campers around here anyway, the close to freezing temps at night scare most lightweights away

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    It arrived today! ahhhhhhhh.

Its raining and I am sick so I wont be setting it up today, well...outside at least. I set it up in my room using i-hooks - so I couldn't lay in it. It was just to take a look and I'd like to share a couple of quick thoughts.

The craftsmanship is beautiful. I thoroughly inspected the sewing work and there are no flaws what so ever. Excellent job Brandon (if you ever read this).

The shelf looks awesome and I am very pleased to have that in my hammock. I finally can just throw a book or whatever right in there and not worry about it. Its a feature that I have been wanting all along without really knowing it...now I have it and it is the obvious solution to many of my hammock storage problems. + my peak bag I will be an unstoppable hammock storage machine.

I really like the integrated adjustable cord pulls for the side tie outs. A solid idea.

So glad I got a sweet sticker. It will be on my truck, watch for me on the road!

1.1sl is about 1/2 the weight of my old hammock, and 1/2 the size when stuffed. I will still be using my snake skins though cause usually (during bad weather) we all hang out under my tarp before we go to bed and the snake skins do a perfect job of allowing my hammock to be hung while remaining out of the way from all of us chillen. Something I feel the double ended stuff sac can not do.

Question for you all:

I want to put a ridge line organizer on. How can I go about doing this without messing anything up? I bet this has been covered but I couldn't find any threads on it. Thanks

Myles to go: That is true. There are a few spots, actually many spots, along the coastal trail where you could set up tents. I know of one place in particular that is perfect. When I hike the trail I usually stop there for lunch. Its along the coastal section just before you get to the part where you can make a right to the inland trail, or continue up the coast. Its hard to explain but the spot is nice and flat for tents and has trees for you. I actually like that spot a little better cause its farther away from that lighthouse that blows its horn every 30 seconds. My first time camping out there that horn kept me up allllllllllll night. LOL! I finally went to sleep when the birds came out, I was a grouchy person that day haha.

Ever watch Dual Survivor? They were in down east Maine one episode and I am pretty sure they ended up near the Bold Coast. I could definitely see Grand Manaan in the background when they made it to the coast, and that shipping lane they talked about was most likely ships headed to Eastport. Pretty sweeeet! But then again, that also denounces their credibility because they had to cross at least two roads to get to the coast lol. Ah well I still enjoy that show.
    Last edited by Deadphans; 04-21-2012 at 11:54.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    Oh man that's awesome. I'll shoot you a pm soon with an answer to that. Problem being my schedule is insane with all this end of semester stuff. Ya know, since the new parking lot additions and a feature in Backpacker Magazine users of the trail have close to tripled. It used to be "oh no problem we will be able to use a campsite", to being a question of availability. I went last weekend when the weather broke and there were quite a few cars there. If I had been staying overnight I would have been worried about finding a spot.
    sigh.. i know. we've been there several times and you feel like you dropped off the face of the earth it's so remote.. i inwardly shed a tear when i saw it featured in Backpacker's Mag. it's the only place i have seen a Moose so close i could smell him. God's country up there :0)
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123