Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    One smiple question, Why do you perfered, that the North American would be much better choice, when you can order the Weathshield and the XL Rain Fly options for the Tropical.
    They both seem to more equal in comparison. Is it because the Weather Temperature range, Or I'm sorta missing something?

I guess I would need to call clark's jungle hammock in the morning...
    You will be happy with either. I just figured that by the time you add a weathershield to the Tropical there would only be $20 difference. The pockets on the NA are placed in the torso area and would have some value in the 60 to 70 degree range because they would create a dead air space and stop some wind. In the 45 to 60 degree range you can use a pad in combo with the pockets for low cost insulation. If you camp mostly in mid summer the tropical would have some good points but if you are like me I prefer the spring and fall for camping and the NA would be better in these two seasons.

Hammock
    Clark's North American NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark's Vertex
    Insulation
    Gore-Tex Bivy
    Re: HANGnOUT;
    Thank You !!! It very helpful information..
    Yes, I believed most of my experience would be in Spring and Fall more so than early summer or winter...

Quick Note:
    From information on their website states the North American is a Four Season. and the Tropical is Three season. That is confusing me in decision making...

From,
    Old Hermit
    Last edited by Old Hermit; 07-24-2008 at 00:17.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hermit View Post
    Re: HANGnOUT;
    Thank You !!! It very helpful information..
    Yes, I believed most of my experience would be in Spring and Fall more so than early summer or winter...

Quick Note:
    From information on their website states the North American is a Four Season. and the Tropical is Three season. That is confusing me in decision making...

From,
    Old Hermit
    My guess is the tropics lack the winter season, giving them effectively three seasons. Hot, hotter and Go North or South just get out of this oven.

The NA marketed for a more temperate climate includes a winter in many places. Just a guess.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Going with the NA.

Hammock
    Clark's North American NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark's Vertex
    Insulation
    Gore-Tex Bivy
    Well everyone;
    I finally order my North American NX200 Series Clark's Jungle Hammock.
    Color is in ( Forest Green )..
    > XL Rain Fly
    > WeatherShield
    > Pair Tree Straps

Now I can wait to try it out...

Appreciated everyones responds, with the help in making my decision .
    Thank you all
    Old Hermit
    Last edited by Old Hermit; 08-19-2008 at 01:25.

Hi Old Hermit: I just returned from the Adirondack kayak trip using my CLARK N/A exclusively. I would recommend the N/A hands down for the following reasons: Warm weather? pack the weathershield away in it's storage pocket, and enjoy NOT having your fanny bitten by insects that CAN bite through any single layer hammock. The CLARK will give you an extra barrier on your behind. I suppose an enterprising mosquito will find you no matter what... Cold Weather? I found the weathershield raises the interior temp by almost 10 degrees, and removes any traces of wind that has given me more than one stiff neck in my old Hennessy. I have slept in some good quality tents where I found condensation to be horrific.... I have not experienced the least amount of moisture within my CLARK with fully closed weathershields. Very breathable. I have also found that the CLARK pockets DO work for providing warmth without an underquilt. As a kayaker, I use a fair number of small waterproof stuffsacks for carrying goodies. These work well for blowing up, and creating dead airspace within the pockets. You'll find the CLARK is made from excellent quality zippers and netting. I love mine. Worth every penny. BTW: I have begun using the LARGE FIGURE NINE rope tighteners (300lb NOT the 150lb "large" size) to avoid the knot tying hassles. Also, GET THE XL fly I've folded mine down like a sandwich more than once to avoid some bad thunderstorms, and have emerged dry every time. Hope this helps. Ron

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RonW View Post
    BTW: I have begun using the LARGE FIGURE NINE rope tighteners (300lb NOT the 150lb "large" size) to avoid the knot tying hassles. Also, GET THE XL fly I've folded mine down like a sandwich more than once to avoid some bad thunderstorms, and have emerged dry every time. Hope this helps. Ron
    Do these work with Clark's standard rope?

I think the return period is 30 days and there is a 20% restocking fee. There was another member who was going to return his and was 5 days past the 30 day limit. You might see if you can buy his....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12