Page 136 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2053
  1. #1351
    old4hats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ball Ground, Ga.
    Posts
    1,865
    samsara has now nudged my curiosity with his comment on wheels. No tellinf where this might go, whoooeee.

  2. #1352
    Mullach' Abu XTrekker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia
    Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Posts
    2,014
    Images
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    Oh we don't call them Dumbbells, we call them Car Campers.

    It can actually be viewed as more of an insult, but whadda I know, I camp from my truck!
    Understandable, but one would also have to agree that calling someone a weenie is a bit of an insult also right? I've been starting to get used to being called a gram weenie now and it doesn't bother me much anymore but I figured if people can dish it then they can take it also right?

    But I think we are drifting a bit far from the topic....No worries. My intentions wasn't to insult anybody but rather to find out if it was worth me buying all the materials to build a TD stand vs continuing on my pursuit to design something similar with lightweight materials. If the TD stand was say < 15 lbs then I would just go with one of those but if it is > 15 lbs then I'd rather put the time into making a UL version.

  3. #1353
    Member SouthernExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Hammock
    DIY Flyfisher Quarterweight
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    96
    Images
    13
    I am building a TDS for use at Burning Man this year with my tablecloth GE hammock. As space under my shade structure is at a premium, I was going to set it up every evening to sleep in and take it down every morning when I woke up and dismantle it and stow it out of the way.

    My question is how long does it take one person to set it up and take it down? I suspect that it is a fairly simple and quick procedure.

    SE

  4. #1354
    Senior Member Floridahanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SW Volusia, FL
    Hammock
    Diy gathered end/Fronkey bugnet
    Tarp
    Diy 11x10 w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY synth TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    Posts
    1,380
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernExposure View Post
    I am building a TDS for use at Burning Man this year with my tablecloth GE hammock. As space under my shade structure is at a premium, I was going to set it up every evening to sleep in and take it down every morning when I woke up and dismantle it and stow it out of the way.

    My question is how long does it take one person to set it up and take it down? I suspect that it is a fairly simple and quick procedure.

    SE
    Now, this is a tough answer and depends on your state of mind. Are you asking as an attendee- might take a long time if the poles are moving like snakes

    If your asking as a camper just arriving at camp- the poles might be the receiver of a frustratingly long drive

    If your asking from your driveway- a couple minutes
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

    My fantastic Photographer wife: http://www.capturedhearts-photography.com

  5. #1355
    but enough about me hppyfngy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Crozet, Virginia
    Hammock
    The one in the van
    Tarp
    CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    Fluff
    Suspension
    Flying Trapeze
    Posts
    3,217
    Images
    36
    I made a little kayak buggy/trailer once with wheels. Would be simple to make one for stands and what not.

    XT, I don't have a way to weigh my stand. Probably someone will. It definitely weighs in excess of 20#.

    Burning Man might be a challenge at that. Playa is soft and high winds likely at some point. Long stakes probably a must.

    Quick to set up though.... depending on your condition...
    Caution: Happy Fun Guy may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.
    If Happy Fun Guy begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Guy. - Randy

    TDStand Instructions

    TDStand Disclaimer! I'm Not Kidding!

  6. #1356
    samsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central FL
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Posts
    950
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post
    I made a little kayak buggy/trailer once with wheels. Would be simple to make one for stands and what not.

    XT, I don't have a way to weigh my stand. Probably someone will. It definitely weighs in excess of 20#.

    Burning Man might be a challenge at that. Playa is soft and high winds likely at some point. Long stakes probably a must.

    Quick to set up though.... depending on your condition...
    Kayak cart/wheels was exactly what I was thinking about when writing that post
    "Laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure" - Dale Gribble

    The Florida Hangers Facebook page and the Florida Hangers web page

  7. #1357
    Mullach' Abu XTrekker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia
    Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Posts
    2,014
    Images
    83
    Wonder if just hopping on the scale in the bathroom while holding the TD stand would work.

  8. #1358
    but enough about me hppyfngy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Crozet, Virginia
    Hammock
    The one in the van
    Tarp
    CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    Fluff
    Suspension
    Flying Trapeze
    Posts
    3,217
    Images
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by XTrekker View Post
    Wonder if just hopping on the scale in the bathroom while holding the TD stand would work.
    Sure if you have one...

    Which I do not...
    Caution: Happy Fun Guy may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.
    If Happy Fun Guy begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Guy. - Randy

    TDStand Instructions

    TDStand Disclaimer! I'm Not Kidding!

  9. #1359
    olddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Fl
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    UCR SLS
    Posts
    3,620
    Images
    3
    No offence meant with the gram weenie comment, I hold gram weenies in high regard.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

  10. #1360
    Member SouthernExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Hammock
    DIY Flyfisher Quarterweight
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    96
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Now, this is a tough answer and depends on your state of mind. Are you asking as an attendee- might take a long time if the poles are moving like snakes

    If your asking as a camper just arriving at camp- the poles might be the receiver of a frustratingly long drive

    If your asking from your driveway- a couple minutes
    So you are saying it might take me months to set it up every night? Gotta love Burning Man!

    Thanks?

    SE

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •