Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milton, On
    Posts
    61

    Have you ever wanted something so bad and had to wait

    I ordered my Warbonnet blackbird and I am in the third week of waiting.

    I have been in contact with Brandon the whole time so I know it is being worked on.

    I just want it so bad that I cannot handle it. I am going absolutely crazy.

    I am trying not to go crazy but I just can't wait to test it out.

    Is there anyone else in the same boat right now?

    Let me know how you are passing the time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, TN
    Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly by WB
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj. Straps
    Posts
    156
    Whatever you do.... Do NOT start buying stoves!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milton, On
    Posts
    61
    I have made about 20 alcohol stoves and two wood stoves trying to keep my mind off the hammock

  4. #4
    BrianWillan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Tarp
    Ogee / UGQ B.A.T.
    Insulation
    HG Inc-BE / Wiggys
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,869
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    I have made about 20 alcohol stoves and two wood stoves trying to keep my mind off the hammock
    Perhaps I shouldn't mention the 2 weeks of additional waiting once you get the shipping notice. The postal service is slow shipping to Canada from the USA. Then there is the whole other matter of customs delays.

    The anticipation is totally worth the wait.

    Cheers

    Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

    Eastern Great Lakes Trip Planning Announcement thread. Subscribe to keep informed on upcoming group hangs in this area.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milton, On
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    Perhaps I shouldn't mention the 2 weeks of additional waiting once you get the shipping notice. The postal service is slow shipping to Canada from the USA. Then there is the whole other matter of customs delays.

    The anticipation is totally worth the wait.

    Cheers

    Brian
    I kind of expected that as I just got my backpack and it took 3 weeks from GoLite using USPS.

  6. #6
    Senior Member olzeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    893
    Which hammock did you order? I only ask out of curiosity, not because I have a solution

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milton, On
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by olzeke View Post
    Which hammock did you order? I only ask out of curiosity, not because I have a solution
    I ordered the BlackBird Double layer 1.7. I can not wait till it gets here I want to do a solo hike on the Bruce Trail on June 23rd and I hope I get it before that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, TN
    Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly by WB
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj. Straps
    Posts
    156
    I bought my WBBB and Superfly about 6 months ago. It is a work of art. The folks at my first hang really helped me understand all the knots and how to hang it. The folks on this forum are helpful and very nice. Wait until hammockgear gets your paypal cha cha.

    Pay up and become a donating member. It is well worth the few dollars and opens up some other nice forums.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milton, On
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Pack Mule View Post
    I bought my WBBB and Superfly about 6 months ago. It is a work of art. The folks at my first hang really helped me understand all the knots and how to hang it. The folks on this forum are helpful and very nice. Wait until hammockgear gets your paypal cha cha.

    Pay up and become a donating member. It is well worth the few dollars and opens up some other nice forums.

    I did not buy a tarp yet, but I am waiting on a sewing machine and hope to make my own cat cut tarp eventually. For my first hike I am going to try to use a space blanket tarp that Big-t uses. I will let you know how it goes.

    I think I will join the donating members area as I am sure it will give me something to do to pass the time.

  10. #10
    Postal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fort Payne, AL
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Posts
    430
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    I think I will join the donating members area as I am sure it will give me something to do to pass the time.
    Thats what i did waiting the month on mine..
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •