Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. #41
    MedicineMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Roan Mountain,TN
    Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Posts
    5,596
    Images
    76
    Finally caught this one.
    Shug you know people would pay to hike with you and Hickery...probably would be the most entertaining hiking guides in the world.

  2. #42
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,183
    Images
    69
    That was great. I had to laugh out loud at the CYFFH? Thats funny stuff!
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  3. #43
    Senior Member ShellD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greenville,SC
    Hammock
    GT Travel
    Tarp
    Big Mama Jamba
    Insulation
    HG 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Posts
    143
    Another great video Shug! I would love to hike with you two nuts but I think it would be too hazardous. I'd probably be laughing so hard I would fall off the side of a cliff...Anyway, it's great that you guys get to spend this time together each year. Looking forward to the rest of this year's series.

  4. #44
    Bruciehi5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane, Queensland
    Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Posts
    664
    Just been out in the kayak and doing a hang. I woke up this morning and decided to get me a couple of new hammock pillows to try out. The one Iíve got is letting the team down a bit. Anyway, I sat down here and while watching your video, I saw a pillow with my name on it. Iíll get me one of them, thanks! You had all kinds of interesting things happening from bugs to bear bags. You even had hiking pole eating creeks. I like that Linville Gorge, can you post it over to me? Nice snake, looked like a rubber tube! I donít like the sound of that full body massage. Thanks for the tour of the Gorge, Mr Shug! Of course, now I want a few more parts, so fire up your editor and get editing!

  5. #45
    Member 4WLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL "BD"
    Insulation
    Bags/AH
    Suspension
    Hugger,Ring,& Loop
    Posts
    83
    Part 2 was great! Can't wait to see the rest of the trip.
    A long habit of not thinking a thing WRONG, gives it the superficial appearance of being RIGHT,...
    -Thomas Paine

  6. #46
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,089
    Outnumbered 4 ginger's to 1. What will Hickory do? Find out what happens on the next episode of "The Hickory Brotheeeeeeeeers!"

    Woohoo! Looking forward to it.

    Fronkey

  7. #47
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pembroke, GA
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    Blue Tarp
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    10

    so close to me.

    Wow. I am psyched. I use to live in MD just five minutes from Catoctin Mountains. Hiked 3 or 4 days every week. now I live near Savannah GA and I was thinking the nearest non-flat hiking spots were at least four hours away. Linville is only 90 minufes from me.. I'm starting to plan my trip right now.. What a great looking hike..!
    ~LogWacker

  8. #48
    MacEntyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jamestown, NC
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Posts
    7,559
    Images
    6
    Loved the final scene... looked like something from Marvel... The Ginger Avengers!
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

  9. #49
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Finally caught this one.
    Shug you know people would pay to hike with you and Hickery...probably would be the most entertaining hiking guides in the world.
    We charge in sardines and nasty pork product!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    That was great. I had to laugh out loud at the CYFFH? Thats funny stuff!
    I guess the "cyffh" stands for "can you fish from here?"....according to Ken. And he knows!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShellD View Post
    Another great video Shug! I would love to hike with you two nuts but I think it would be too hazardous. I'd probably be laughing so hard I would fall off the side of a cliff...Anyway, it's great that you guys get to spend this time together each year. Looking forward to the rest of this year's series.
    We so look forward to the time together....it is really the only time we see each other all year. It is dangerous)))))

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Just been out in the kayak and doing a hang. I woke up this morning and decided to get me a couple of new hammock pillows to try out. The one Iíve got is letting the team down a bit. Anyway, I sat down here and while watching your video, I saw a pillow with my name on it. Iíll get me one of them, thanks! You had all kinds of interesting things happening from bugs to bear bags. You even had hiking pole eating creeks. I like that Linville Gorge, can you post it over to me? Nice snake, looked like a rubber tube! I donít like the sound of that full body massage. Thanks for the tour of the Gorge, Mr Shug! Of course, now I want a few more parts, so fire up your editor and get editing!
    You sure do get a lot with the Gorge. Like a Mother...it will slap and embrace a feller!

    Quote Originally Posted by 4WLO View Post
    Part 2 was great! Can't wait to see the rest of the trip.
    Getting on part 3 today. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Outnumbered 4 ginger's to 1. What will Hickory do? Find out what happens on the next episode of "The Hickory Brotheeeeeeeeers!"

    Woohoo! Looking forward to it.

    Fronkey
    Lucky that Hickery is a Ginger by Proxy!!!!!! We accept him, we accept him....one of us....one of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by LogWacker View Post
    Wow. I am psyched. I use to live in MD just five minutes from Catoctin Mountains. Hiked 3 or 4 days every week. now I live near Savannah GA and I was thinking the nearest non-flat hiking spots were at least four hours away. Linville is only 90 minufes from me.. I'm starting to plan my trip right now.. What a great looking hike..!
    Cool.....I got a feeling Linville Gorge is a fair bit over 90 minutes.....more like 5 hours plus. Still worth the jaunt.
    Maybe there is a Linville, GA.
    I love the town of Savannah and want to go for a long weekend with my wife. You lucky to live so close by.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Loved the final scene... looked like something from Marvel... The Ginger Avengers!
    We do have Magical Powers.........low grade but still magical))))))
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  10. #50
    Senior Member Steve D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    DIY 5 oz CS Apex
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    Posts
    662
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Cool.....I got a feeling Linville Gorge is a fair bit over 90 minutes.....more like 5 hours plus. Still worth the jaunt.
    Maybe there is a Linville, GA.
    Yep, Shug's right about that one...5+ from Savannah...think western North Carolina...

    Waiting anxiously for Part 3 along with everyone else here...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •