Hey Hammock Forum friends, in talking with the other HF mods/administrators I have reached a decision that I want to share with you.
It's not a big deal but talking about it here will save me from explaining many times elsewhere

For some time I have felt guilty that I was not contributing like I could/should to the business of keeping HF running smoothly.
Between HF burn out, other life issues weighing me down & my lack of computer skills, I have offered little help to the running of the site compared to the others who have been present & busy.

Therefore, I am going to return to normal member status. I suspect I will feel a certain relief, & find it it more pleasurable to take part in hammock discussions.

I would like to once again thank the HF members for being such a unique & caring group of folks. It has been a pleasure helping moderate this community. I think we would be hard pressed to find many (if any) other places on the web where such a large & diverse group of people get along so well. I hope to keep seeing old friends & meeting new ones at some of the hammock hangs yet to come.

At the same time, I would like to announce that HF has a new moderator! Our fellow member JohnSawyer has graciously stepped up to Moderator status. His always helpful tone and valuable input have been a boon to this community, and we think he will be a natural fit to the moderation staff. Join us in welcoming him!

Thanks friends,
Tim