Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    ccf pad, for now
    Suspension
    WBBB webbing
    If I had only made up my mind at the start of the month. Then I would have hammock for this weekend, But there was so much to research and learn.
    "Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!"
    Charlie Papazian, The Complete Joy Of Home Brewing 3rd edition

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch & Whoopie!
    Funny, I'm in the same situation. Set out to buy a HH, came across the Forums and the research began! I swear I had it all figured out a dozen times but I kept learning more and changing my mind. I finally settled on the same basic setup as you I did manage to buy a 1.0 dbl layer on here and will probably get it Friday (the day after I leave for The Smokies - DOH!). I ordered the BMJ from WB - who knows when it will show I'm adding an adjustable ridgeline to the blackbird and an adjustable continuous ridgeline with dutch clips for the tarp. Mesh skins from Mountaingoat for both. It seems I have developed an outdoors gear shopping addiction...I love new toys!

It sucks not having it for the weekend but I am confident it is for the best...I expect to be VERY happy with my purchases and am glad I did not go with my original plan!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    will probably get it Friday (the day after I leave for The Smokies - DOH!).
    From what I understand you can not hang in the Smokies unless it is in a private camp ground.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    From what I understand you can not hang in the Smokies unless it is in a private camp ground.
    Go stealth...

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    ccf pad, for now
    Suspension
    WBBB webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    Why would they have problem with hammock camping? seems to me its less environmental impact then a tent.
    "Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!"
    Charlie Papazian, The Complete Joy Of Home Brewing 3rd edition

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    They have the stupid rule about nothing tied to trees. They dont get there is a difference between rope and tree straps I guess. At any rate that is the park rules and does not apply to private camp grounds.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG INC\TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Ordered mine two weeks ago an still dont have it. It apears they are slammed because of the demand for a quality product.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    The time it has taken everyone since the month before I ordered mine has been three to four weeks. According to Brandon there is a two week lead time meaning it takes about two weeks to even get to the newest order and then however long it takes him to make that order and then ship.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

I placed my order (WBBB 1.1 DBL & BMJ tarp) on Apr 26th, and still no shipping notice, so that puts me at nearly 5 weeks. Same old story when I ask for an update: 'Hope to ship next week'.

I figure this must be the busiest time of year for WB (pre-summer trips) but, man, I wish he could kick the customer service up a notch. Despite all the POVs on this board to the tune of 'every minute Brandon spends writing an email is a minute he's not making a hammock', I feel like there's an obligation to keep your customers up to speed - especially when the website says two weeks and you need five. It doesn't take much for me to be your biggest fan - even a cut-and-paste email update would make me feel like I haven't been lost in the mix.

Anyways I know I'm going to be super happy with the product when it does arrive, but I just hate coming out of this feeling like he's doing me a favour. Sorry for the rant but if I can't do it here, I'm not sure there's anywhere else.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Cant argue with your point. It would be nice to update the website with a note about how long the wait really can be and a realistic email response of I am making x many that ordered the same time as you so it will be a bit longer. Perhaps even a note on the site about which time is his busiest now that he has a few years under him so that those that know what they want know when to order.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.