View Poll Results: What weekend in June works out best for Mohican

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The weekend of June 15

    0 0%
  • The weekend of June June 22

    12 85.71%
  • The weekend of June 29

    2 14.29%
  • They all work

    0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Ohio June Hang

  1. #21
    DivaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Posts
    4,099
    Mohican; Park and Pack; Site 9; Weekend of June 22, 2012

    Unless something drastically changes between today and tomorrow when the poll closes, This will be the chosen weekend by the majority.

    All are welcome to come, family friendly, if bringing pets be sure to have their leashes, tags, shots, and flea and tick treatment up-to-date.

    At this area, you have to pack your water in.

    In Loudenville there is horseback riding, canoeing, kayaking, tubing, zip line. You are near Amish Country so there is a lot to do in that area too. The activities in this area really are endless, from hiking in the woods, to shopping in Amish Country.

    Additional Directions to what Bannerstone supplied.

    From I-71 (Southern) -
    Exit at Route 97 (Exit 165).
    Go East (Right) on 97 to Route 3.
    Go North (Left) on Route 3.
    Take Route 3 to Downtown Loudonville.
    Turn Left (West) on West Main Street.
    West Main Street turns into County Highway 2920.
    Take 2920 to County Road 917.
    Go Left (South) on 917.
    At the Triangle intersection of 917 and Co Rd 3006, turn left (East) on 3006.
    Co Rd 3006 dead-ends into the trailhead parking lot.

    From I-71 (Northern) -
    Exit at Route 39 (Exit 173).
    Go Left (East) on Route 39.
    39 will take you through Lucas and Perrysville.
    Just after you pass through Perrysville, 39 intersects with County Road 917.
    Turn Right (South) on County Road 917.
    At the Triangle intersection of 917 and Co Rd 3006, turn left (East) on 3006.
    Co Rd 3006 dead-ends into the trailhead parking lot.

    If you need additional links to information on the park or the Loudenville area please ask and one of us will get those posted.

    Here is a link to the Loundenville Chamber http://www.loudonville-mohican.com/index.html

    Here is a link to the park and pack PDF map and info http://ohiodnr.com/Portals/18/forest..._bro_9.pdf.pdf

    Here is a link to Mohican Fun Center and the prices http://www.mohicancanoe.com/

  2. #22
    SmokeBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Defiance, Missouri
    Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Posts
    1,505
    Sure wish I could hook up with you folks as was born and raised in nearby Ashland. Mohican is a great area and spent a lot of time there in Scouts. Have fun and maybe next year I can make it.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sunbury, Ohio
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Posts
    1,282
    Givin a little bump for folks who may not already have the 22nd on their radar.

    This will be the first really nice weather group hang for our Above Ground Ohio clan, I'm looking forward to some activities. I'll bring my kayaks if the water levels say good. Any mountain bikers out there? The trail runs right through our #9 park and pack camp and I understand it is for advanced riders.

    June is of course a busy month but I hope to see you there.

    David

  4. #24
    Paul Zissou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Guide gear
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    line/strap
    Posts
    107
    Gah, I wish I could make this one. these past couple ohio hangs have been poor timing for me, and I voted for the 22nd! lol Unless things change I don't think that I'll be heading down. Gotta catch the next one. Have fun everyone!
    "Its not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the end" -D.A.

    "Hold on to your butts." -Samuel L. Jackson

  5. #25
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY big Rectangle
    Insulation
    DIY Kmart Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies & straps
    Posts
    12

    First group hang

    This sounds like a great opportunity to meet a bunch of folks that I have been reading for a long time now.

    I have missed each month and been bummed that they always fell on a time when I couldn't go. Not this time! I'd like to get there Friday night, but may have to settle for Saturday some time.

    Now I just need to get that bug net started.

    Looking forward to meeting all of you and finally getting to use all this diy stuff in the real woods and not my backyard or garage!

  6. #26
    Paul Zissou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Guide gear
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    line/strap
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by All Kinds View Post
    This sounds like a great opportunity to meet a bunch of folks that I have been reading for a long time now.

    I have missed each month and been bummed that they always fell on a time when I couldn't go. Not this time! I'd like to get there Friday night, but may have to settle for Saturday some time.

    Now I just need to get that bug net started.

    Looking forward to meeting all of you and finally getting to use all this diy stuff in the real woods and not my backyard or garage!
    definetely is an awesome way to meet alot of awesome people. From another NE Ohioan I would highly recommend it
    "Its not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the end" -D.A.

    "Hold on to your butts." -Samuel L. Jackson

  7. #27
    QiWiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Hammock
    BIAS WW
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB; IX
    Suspension
    Whoopi, toggle
    Posts
    368

    Looks like I will not be there . . .

    unfortunately, but will keep looking for an Ohio hang I can come out to. Wishing a great time to all that can go.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

    The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

  8. #28
    DivaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Posts
    4,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    Givin a little bump for folks who may not already have the 22nd on their radar.

    This will be the first really nice weather group hang for our Above Ground Ohio clan, I'm looking forward to some activities. I'll bring my kayaks if the water levels say good. Any mountain bikers out there? The trail runs right through our #9 park and pack camp and I understand it is for advanced riders.

    June is of course a busy month but I hope to see you there.

    David
    Good thread stroke! I figured I needed to do a little bump today too and see who all will be attending. Hope to see you there, and of course the entertainment

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Zissou View Post
    Gah, I wish I could make this one. these past couple ohio hangs have been poor timing for me, and I voted for the 22nd! lol Unless things change I don't think that I'll be heading down. Gotta catch the next one. Have fun everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by QiWiz View Post
    unfortunately, but will keep looking for an Ohio hang I can come out to. Wishing a great time to all that can go.
    That's a bummer that neither of you can make it. Hopefully we'll all meet up at another hang. I had hopes that letting the people pick their weekend and then getting it on the calendar would help out, but it's summer and things are popping up all over the place. Been a couple of times I got worried about our plans too So I completely understand!

  9. #29
    Member Ebola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Posts
    60
    I really want to get up to Mohican and see what it has to offer. I used to be a mountain biker myself. Would be nice to shake off a little rust from the ol' Trek 930. My ROCKSHOX probably do not have much shox left in them. Unfortunately, that is our annual Man Weekend . I love to get out there and hang between two trees, but I can't miss the Man Weekend . I'm sure you all will have a great time!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Brother Jeffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Euclid, OH
    Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Posts
    132
    I think I weaseled my way out of working and will be making the trip, perhaps +1.
    Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

    “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •