HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images

BIAS Weight Weenie ? for those weighting 210-220

Hi yall,

So I recently purchased a Weight Weenie BIAS Hammock and am so excited and cant wait to get my BIAS . BTW their communication and customer service is absolutely excellent. At 7.52 ounces (and mine will be a bit lighter cause I got a dynaglide RL and dynaglide continuous loops) I am just jumping for joy.

The weight capacity is listed at 250 and I weigh between 210-220. So by all technicalities this hammock should hold me. I really wanted to test it out regardless and do NOT regret the purchase but I am curious to other peoples experiences none the less.

My number one concern is the stretch and not being able to get a flat lay. My second concern is always that of failure . Now please don't get me wrong I trust our vendors and BIAS however still a bit concerned about the failure part but more the comfort part. The 1.1 single Warbonnet Traveler weight capacity is listed at 200 lbs so I am curious as to why the difference in weight capacity BIAS Weight Weenie listed at 250. (PLEASE don't allow that question to turn this thread into a heated discussion I own several Warbonnet Hammocks and love them and am very excited about my BIAS hammock) I know on the BIAS website they talk about a triple stitching method they use as to why the higher weight capacity but I guess I am searching for some more peace of mind and maby some technical answers. I am just curious to hear other peoples opinions and how they found the comfort to be Inc a weight weenie who weight apx. the same as me. Or any ones opinion for that matter.

Thankeee for all those that chime in,

Peace
    LRR
    Last edited by lazy river road; 06-04-2012 at 09:14.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.