Tarp
    Ogee / UGQ B.A.T.
    Insulation
    HG Inc-BE / Wiggys
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Welcome from Oshawa.

Bubba has it right that the majority of people need some sort of bottom side insulation below 20C. When's the last time that you slept on the ground and didn't use a pad of some sort? Granted the pad does provide some cushioning from the ground, but it's primary use is insulation from being in contact with the ground.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Eastern Great Lakes Trip Planning Announcement thread. Subscribe to keep informed on upcoming group hangs in this area.

Images
    Welcome from Toronto.

For years, I used an un-inflated Thermorest in my Hennessey hammock. It was more to keep the mosquitoes off my a$$ but also kept my butt warm. Then I started using a Eureka Chrysalis and just went from a pad to a UQ. I've only used the UQ once, but like it a lot. I'll do a review of it as soon as I get a chance to go on a couple more hangs. I think at some point, you will need some type of insulation under you. Good luck experimenting and welcome to hammocking.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Dutch
    Images
    Welcome from Florida.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"