DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    I iron it all the time. Low temp but not on an ironing board but on a piece of oak. This lets you crease it. It still doesn't lay down and behave like cotton or something but I'm never in such a rush that I don't have time to make a proper straight seam, and ironing sil helps me do this. YMMV.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

I'll admit - I've ironed it before... Won't do it again -

I grew up in a dressmaker's studio (mom's), and I did most of the ironing for the family and her shop. So, I knew all the 'rules' and followed them well enough.

But what I don't have is patience - So by all means, ymmv; but its not practically worth it in my opinion.
    The extremes of the process are simply this:
    Iron too cool - No change in fabric (no desired creases, etc)
    Iron too hot - Meltdown of sil or nylon (depending on temp) - almost always would result in a residue being left on your iron (too many bad 'accidents' as a kid learning what temps did what to what fabrics)
    Iron too dry - Meltdown of sil or nylon (depending on temp)
    Iron too wet - Shrinkage of fibers - not a meltdown, but just a shrinkage - you're pushing the material to the edge of its limit due to the humidity, and it begins to tighten up on itself and the weave

Finding the Goldilocks temp/humidity is not worth my time!
    But something that may help you in your journey is layering the material in a natural fabric that will transfer the heat and the humidity with out direct contact to the man-made fabric.
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

I use a smooth closet door for cutting and ironing each fold. It is capable of holding a crease over centre and much easier than marking the fabric. I highly recommend trying it on a hard surface using a low setting.