Most
    Tarp
    GoLite Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Here's a few photos of my stand in action, indoors. The hammock is the Ticket to the Moon double. The tarp is the Hennessy Hex tarp with a 12-foot ridge line.

We had a few relatives over for the holiday so I needed to put up the guest room suite

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, 1.1 single
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Dejoha, how level does the ground have to be for this stand? I'm not talking about putting it up on a hillside, but how would it do outside in my yard where the ground is flat but kinda bumpy?
    I intend to live forever, or die trying. -- Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    GoLite Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Dejoha, how level does the ground have to be for this stand? I'm not talking about putting it up on a hillside, but how would it do outside in my yard where the ground is flat but kinda bumpy?
    Out at Trail Days, the ground wasn't exactly flat, but it was grassy. The stand did well there. I've only used my stand indoors to date for my demonstrations. I don't think there would be any problem. You could always shim something under the feet if the stand rocked.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    Out at Trail Days, the ground wasn't exactly flat, but it was grassy. The stand did well there. I've only used my stand indoors to date for my demonstrations. I don't think there would be any problem. You could always shim something under the feet if the stand rocked.
    Don't forget, all of those tees and ells can be turned to accommodate a certain amount of uneven terrain.
    Dave

http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

just bought the pieces to make one tonight. around $90 at Menards. The 10 foot pieces of pipe were the same price as a 6 ft , so bought 4 sticks will cut off the 4 5ft pieces , cut the 4 2 ft pieces & have pipe left over. Will have to thread some ends but that is what friends are for

Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    here is 2 pics from 2007 showing the way Ed Speer hung 2 hammocks from his stand. Note that the back portion is an basically an upside down U
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone – that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    ALCON,

To reduce rocking, on the ends of the four short pieces put a 90* elbow if using the stand indoors... or an end cap if using it outdoors (keeps dirt and water out and eliminates the high center caused by the T joint).

Ed had a good design.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    HH Explorer deluxe & WBBB 1.7SL
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG 0° Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies or ropes
    Brilliant, I love it :-)

I am lazily considering a kind of stand for the backyard (suitable trees are just a bit too far away from each other…), but the designs alway seems a bit on the complicated messy side for my tastes and my DIY abilities, with all the sawing, screwing, etc.

Here: just pipes!

Just out of curiosity (hey, I told you I don't know anything about DIY or materials…): would PVC pipes be solid enough to test this?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendule View Post
    Just out of curiosity (hey, I told you I don't know anything about DIY or materials…): would PVC pipes be solid enough to test this?
    It would have to a fairly large diameter before the pipe is ridgid enough to handle the forces applied to this type of stand, something like 4" SCHD 40 or larger. Still PVC isn't a good choice. If it were to fail, it would be suddenly.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post
    It would have to a fairly large diameter before the pipe is ridgid enough to handle the forces applied to this type of stand, something like 4" SCHD 40 or larger. Still PVC isn't a good choice. If it were to fail, it would be suddenly.
    And pvc shatters when it breaks, cutting your tree straps and you possibly... I have improvised a stabbing tool out of busted pvc pipe...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat