Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    One more consideration is Papa Smurf's DangerBird with its' stowable attached bug net. It unzips and stuffs into a pouch at one end, and at the other end is a breathable cover that zips up to preserve warmth in cold climate.

You could get near the same with a Hennessy with 2QZQ #4 mod and storm cover.

Or you could do like many of us and one of each! Or DIY! The possibilities are staggering and the help you'll get here is amazing.

I have ENO Guardian for my DIY, HH Explorer with 2QZQ #4, and now DangerBird on order. I'm lucky.

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJJ View Post
    One more consideration is Papa Smurf's DangerBird with its' stowable attached bug net. It unzips and stuffs into a pouch at one end, and at the other end is a breathable cover that zips up to preserve warmth in cold climate.

You could get near the same with a Hennessy with 2QZQ #4 mod and storm cover.

Or you could do like many of us and one of each! Or DIY! The possibilities are staggering and the help you'll get here is amazing.

I have ENO Guardian for my DIY, HH Explorer with 2QZQ #4, and now DangerBird on order. I'm lucky.
    I've got the #4 mod, and yes, you could do that. Still have the ridgeline in the back of your head if you sit in it though. I have a Clark I use, bug net zips out, preferred option of late as it also gives me the ability to zip in weather shield when I need it.

Hammock
    WBRR, bluebridge grizz bridge,
    Tarp
    cloudburst
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    wb straps
    In the summer, a built in bug net is great. In the winter, I love sleeping under the stars, with no bug net. So, maybe have 2 hammocks, for different seasons?
    “The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.”
    Harlan Ellison

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    BIAS WW
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    JRB SS HG Clone
    Suspension
    Whoopies Straps
    I'll throw a plug in here for both DeJohna's HUG, and DP's 1/2 length bug net.

The ultimate in weight savings for the gram weenies, and when used in conjunction with a light OQ and Permethrin treatment, great protection as well.

They are also without a doubt the easiest to enter and exit out of, than any other type of netting. IMO
    You got your cold dog soup and rainbow pie
    It's all it takes to get me by
    Fool my belly to the day I die
    With cold dog soup and rainbow pie

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Down
    Suspension
    Dynaglide UCR's
    Not to change the views of the masses but I have been using my Tulle bug sock for a few years now without a single rip/tear/whatnot! YMMV but I treat my UL and SUL gear with the respect that it should have, if you don't well then you get what you get.
    Formerly known as "Cranky Bear"....

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

It's always best if your an early riser!

I like hiking as it's like exercise!

My Blog

Hammock
    SBPro GTUL
    Tarp
    Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Leighlo 30*
    Suspension
    Linelocker/Rings
    This last weekend I made use of my Skeeter Beeter Pro and no mosquits bit me at all. Also have a GT Ultralight for no bug days. If you know where your going to and getting into having 2 choices is the way to go.