Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    Dangerbird 68" Dig. Camo.
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hello MTSRUNNER,
    I slept in my new Dangerbird 68 last night. I liked it for sure. It is a little difficult unzipping the zipper because you have to reach up into the very end of the hammock. Since the top cover and mosquito net share the same zipper track, you can't have dual zippers which would allow the zippers to be in a more convenient place. I took some pictures of the hammock showing the overall hammock and the material that Randy used for the top cover that are attached to this post. I think that I had mentioned in a previous post that I had asked Randy to use a material that would be relatively waterproof. The material that he used appears to be coated on both sides. I included a close-up of the top layer material. The tarp in the image is a Chinook 10x12 on a diagonal which covered the hammock well. Let me know if you want to check it out sometime.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ralexander9646; 11-05-2012 at 08:52.

Mtsrunner,

I live in Weaverville if you want to check mine out. I have a DB that ended up being approximately 60" due to the inner layer material used. Haven't had it out of the backyard yet but I like it.

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by ralexander9646 View Post
    Hello MTSRUNNER,
    I slept in my new Dangerbird 68 last night. I liked it for sure. It is a little difficult unzipping the zipper because you have to reach up into the very end of the hammock. Since the top cover and mosquito net share the same zipper track, you can't have dual zippers which would allow the zippers to be in a more convenient place. I took some pictures of the hammock showing the overall hammock and the material that Randy used for the top cover that are attached to this post. I think that I had mentioned in a previous post that I had asked Randy to use a material that would be relatively waterproof. The material that he used appears to be coated on both sides. I included a close-up of the top layer material. The tarp in the image is a Chinook 10x12 on a diagonal which covered the hammock well. Let me know if you want to check it out sometime.

Roger
    Roger, thanks for the update. I will be in town sometime next week for sure. I will try to give you a call and see if it is convenient to drop by.
    Thanks!

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonL View Post
    Mtsrunner,

I live in Weaverville if you want to check mine out. I have a DB that ended up being approximately 60" due to the inner layer material used. Haven't had it out of the backyard yet but I like it.
    Brandon,
    Heck yes, I will take you up on that offer. I might be heading over to Johnson City tomorrow if they don't get too much snow over Sam's Gap tonight. I will PM you my cell #. Let me know how much warning you need when I am headed up 19/23 or on my way back to AVL.
    Thanks!
    Kevin

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by ralexander9646 View Post
    Hello MTSRUNNER,
    I slept in my new Dangerbird 68 last night. I liked it for sure. It is a little difficult unzipping the zipper because you have to reach up into the very end of the hammock. Since the top cover and mosquito net share the same zipper track, you can't have dual zippers which would allow the zippers to be in a more convenient place.

Roger
    I ordered mine with 3 pulls for opening in the middle. You just have to ask. Randy is most accommodating and talented!

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Great info. Sounds like the DB gets the most thumbs up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234