Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    I use Speer No-tangle line on my regular tarps and they work great. I have 2 cuben tarps on order also and will use the Speer line on it.
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone Ė that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.Ē ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    With cuben, you'll find that tensioners really aren't needed. They are however a fun DIY project so I wouldn't discourage you in that sense. I would go with zing-it just because it's easier to splice which is what I find fun about making up lines and various other accessories. It also is less prone to tangling than mason line.

David

David
    But tensioners also work double duty as a shock absorber in heavy winds. I don't need them on my spinn tarp, but I use them for that reason. And like Ewker says, Speer line is awesome.
    It's only an addiction if your trying to quit

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    GoLite Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I like mason line for lots of reasons and use line tensioners so the stretching has never been a problem. I like Demostix idea of the polyester line. Why spend a lot on line? I don't.

As for tangling, I've never had a problem with my mason line as long as I wind it like this:

http://youtu.be/9twhM-Sg9zc

A few wraps around the line and finish with a slippery clove hitch.

Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    But tensioners also work double duty as a shock absorber in heavy winds. I don't need them on my spinn tarp, but I use them for that reason. And like Ewker says, Speer line is awesome.
    I have a stash of the Speer line....you would have to pry it out my cold dead hands..oh wait I ain't going that far
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone Ė that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.Ē ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.