Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 316
  1. #161
    The Stove Daddy HomeMadeHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    969
    Images
    11

    Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    hey have been off the forums for a couple of months, new job lots of stress could use a good weekend of camping where is this hang at
    Terrel cemetary in the Deam. Fire tower trail head.

  2. #162
    Senior Member Rolloff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Leveland
    Hammock
    BIAS WW
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    JRB SS HG Clone
    Suspension
    Whoopies Straps
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeHiker View Post
    Terrel cemetary in the Deam. Fire tower trail head.
    Workable Maplink on post #143
    This will get you to the trail head and beyond on the map.

    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...3&d=1344996551
    This will link you to an old trail guide, that will get you all the way to the pond. Some of the landmarks are even still there. It is a very easy trail to follow to Terrel Pond. Mostly all closed firetrail. You take a left turn at the Cemetary between #23 and #24, to head to the hang site.

    Major thanks to Dead Reckon for the SAS Trail Guide links.

    You can find the links to the rest of the Axsom and Sycamore branch trail and the rest of that guide in this thread. Page One. Dead's posts #7-11. *It IS a very old guide published in the 70's. Many landmarks have changed in 40 years!
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57410
    Last edited by Rolloff; 10-03-2012 at 23:02.
    This place you say your lookin' for
    It might have washed out with the rain
    Might not be there anymore
    Might not be the same

    Top that rise and face the pain

  3. #163
    Doctari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Posts
    2,992
    Images
    30
    Since I'm getting there early(ish), should I mark the trail?
    The only "Issue" I had last year, well,,,,, would have if it wasn't marked, was at the cemetery & maybe at one of the trail jcts, but then it was 0300 (AM)

    As I have it in Pink, (I think) I'll likely use pink ribbons. That is unless Mule gets there first.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

  4. #164
    The Stove Daddy HomeMadeHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    969
    Images
    11
    Any one coming through fort Wayne friday? I have a buddy who is need of a ride and I'm not a good enough friend to wait for him.

  5. #165
    Senior Member bonsaihiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky (Greater Cincinnati)
    Hammock
    12 foot DIY or WBBB
    Tarp
    HH Hex/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,121
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    Since I'm getting there early(ish), should I mark the trail?
    The only "Issue" I had last year, well,,,,, would have if it wasn't marked, was at the cemetery & maybe at one of the trail jcts, but then it was 0300 (AM)

    As I have it in Pink, (I think) I'll likely use pink ribbons. That is unless Mule gets there first.
    I think it would be a good idea at the tricky spots, at least. I asked for Friday off, but if I don't get it I'll be probably hiking in the dark.
    --Scott <><

    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

  6. #166
    Senior Member bonsaihiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky (Greater Cincinnati)
    Hammock
    12 foot DIY or WBBB
    Tarp
    HH Hex/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,121
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Here's a little closer detail. And you should be able to use the mapper to run the definition in and out, from it as well.

    http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=39.03745,-86.32078&z=14&t=M
    Hey, Rolloff, this link doesn't work for me. Are those the GPS coords in the link?

    EDIT: those are the coordinates for the trail near the trailhead.

    Can anyone post coordinates for the campsite?
    Last edited by bonsaihiker; 10-08-2012 at 14:37.
    --Scott <><

    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

  7. #167
    Senior Member Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    hey have been off the forums for a couple of months, new job lots of stress could use a good weekend of camping where is this hang at
    SKYLINE, The hand is not going to be in any spectacular place compared to the hill. We are going to Terrell Cemetery form the Tower on Tower road and hiking the 2 track about a mile to the Cemetery, follow the fence of the Cemetery to the SW corner and pick up the trail to the old stone house there, they will be camped about 5 minutes down the trail. Hope to see you. Want to hear all about that new job.... if you want to.
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

  8. #168
    Senior Member Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27
    On google earth I found these coordinances
    Tower trailhead lat 39.034888, long 86.32100
    Terrell Cemetery Lat 39.055064 long 86.319934
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

  9. #169
    Senior Member bonsaihiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky (Greater Cincinnati)
    Hammock
    12 foot DIY or WBBB
    Tarp
    HH Hex/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,121
    Images
    15
    Thanks, Steve, I can find those also. I was wondering if anyone had the coordinates for the site of the hang.
    --Scott <><

    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

  10. #170
    Senior Member Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27

    I have to say it

    I am not too stoked about going back to the same place we camped last year. It's not too late for someone to come up with alternates, because camping on a trail just to be close to a pond that you cannot see or hear is just not too sexy to me. Anyone else thinking that or am I just an idiot?
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •