Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 235
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by seuss View Post
    It's at mile 208.

    Ed usually schedules the April hangout in Hot Springs to coincide with Trailfest there. Trailfest is the 27-28th this year so I guess he's moving away from that tradition.
    Thanks. That puts it 23-ish days out. That puts me right in the area. Maybe a little north, but we'll see.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  2. #22
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,125
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    yeah, ed's a nice guy. even though he sells his own line of hammocks, he's glad to help someone understand how to use another type of hammock.
    I joined the yahoo hammock group (get on about once every week or so to lurk) about the same time I joined here. I have never seen him push his hammock or the other products he sells. If I was to buy sometype of hammock or gear it would probably be from him because of how he acts and represents himself.

  3. #23
    Senior Member The Breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    golden valley nc.
    Posts
    215
    Images
    15
    Ill second that!!!!!!!!!!
    Bear bait what??? Your It!!!!!!!!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Just Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    8,012
    Images
    32
    Yep - Ed's definitely a classy guy. He welcomes any kind of info on his forum b/c as hammocking gains more popularity in general, even if it's not directly with his products, he'll still benefit from the overall gain (his words, paraphrased). He rarely even comments on his own products unless asked directly.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

    - My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

    IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    I agree with you guys. He offered last fall to help me set up my HH. I would have took him up on it, but I was still practicing setuping it up.

    He did help me to pick out a great set of trees. One had the mythical 3 leaved vine on it, but that is another story. He did stop me from using the dead tree though.

    Classy guy.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  6. #26
    Senior Member blackbishop351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Posts
    1,564
    Images
    59
    I'm with you too. Besides being one of the first in the hammocking field and still one of the most innovative, he's by far one of the all-around NICEST guys I've ever met. I'm really looking forward to Hot Springs.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

  7. #27
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,596
    Images
    319
    in a recent email, he mentioned some "new" cold weather gear he's been testing.
    maybe we'll get to see it soon!
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    You guys are going to end up talking me into going. I am setting at a 40% chance of starting March 18th and a 60% chance of April 1st. April 1st would put me really close to walking in.

    Man how to other people deal with such problems.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  9. #29
    Senior Member The Breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    golden valley nc.
    Posts
    215
    Images
    15
    can't say but I think you will
    Bear bait what??? Your It!!!!!!!!

  10. #30
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,596
    Images
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    You guys are going to end up talking me into going. I am setting at a 40% chance of starting March 18th and a 60% chance of April 1st. April 1st would put me really close to walking in.

    Man how to other people deal with such problems.
    i have a feeling we'll see you there. you wont be able to stand the thought of missing your fellow hammockers
    i'll bet you'll make a way. hope so.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •