WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

Just Popped for a BMBH UL..I couldn't fight the urge anymore!

Yeah! Yeah! I have been seriously reading all the postings on the bridge hammocks and quite amazed and how many on this forum have bridge hammocks and Yes! Its been eating away at me to try one of these to see what I am missing out on always seeking the perfect lay in hammocks even diy'ing momentum materials used in a couple of hammocks and finally just couldn't fight the urge any longer and ordered a BMBH UL. I figured with all the previous reviews of you forum members, I couldn't go wrong in ordering off Jack's as they always have very good proven and tried products that I have previously purchased off them and had to give this Bridge Hammock a try. Will await for it to arrive and when I get it, will keep everybody posted as to see if this satisfy's my inner lusts and cravings that this forum creates!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I'll be watching for your report. I must admit that I've been reading a lot of threads about bridges lately. I'm a side sleeper and contort into fetal and semi fetal positions so I've dismissed bridges in the past.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Images
    Good deal! I can guarantee you will have no calf pressure or knee extension issues, so there is that! I have the UL now, but I just have not been able to get out and hang much to really test either this or my WL Light Owl. ( too hot, too much sweat! )

All I have are some superficial impressions about the BMBH UL vs the original. I miss the pad pocket, and it is not quite as roomy. But it saves me some weight, has a nice working zip net, doesn't seem to need as much of a pillow, has a better view out of the hammock, and I think there is just a bit more room in the shoulders, unless I am using a pad in the original.

Hope you enjoy it! Just don't let the shoulder thing fake you out, give it a chance. Remember to just rest your arms/hands across your chest/abdomen when flat on your back, or hands under the head. Or shift just barely to your side, or of course full side position. And maybe consider adding some Grip Clip/panel pull outs to your tarp where it might contact the spreader bars. Looking forward to your testing.

Do you have an UQ? Boy do JRB MW UQs work great, at least with the original BMBH, with super easy and obvious ( just one way to do it) set up, and no chance of any sag or anything moving during the night. But I have not yet attached one to the UL model. Bet it works just as good though.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I sleep in a hammock every nite in the house,,,and after diying the Momemtum 90mr ripstop 10' hammock and sleeping in it the last 2 weeks very very comfy,,switched back to the 11' Momentum 90 T..and still find it to be the absolutely best ever lay and the most comfortable,,the feel is absolutely unbelieveably softer and of course the 11' gives it the very best comfort..then Sat nite switched back to the Snipe,,,and omg,,,didn't get the lay I always found,,and I really think its because I had the foot of it a dash too high,,still slept very good in it,,but it just after sleeping in the Momentum 90T (tafetta) impossible to beat it in my book,,,so will see how the Bridge fairs and really looking forward to trying it as BillyBob58 peaked my interests with all his postings on Bridge hammocks,,and yes,,BillyBob58, I have a Jarbridge 50 degree, a 40 degree full length UG down,,and a 20 UG with 2 oz of extra down full length as well,,,so lots of quilts too try out,,,plan on first taking the straps off and switching to woopies with dutch hooks, and also I use some arrow shafts modded to widen my HG cuben tarp and dying to see as I know the tarp issues vs, width of bridge hammocks should work perfectly,,,as the arrow mod is 48"..so will take a few pics of it,,arrow mod total weight is 2.5 oz..will keep you all posted on this.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts